The Asian Commercial Sex Scene

The Asian Commercial Sex Scene (https://sbfsg.agency/index.php)
-   Matters of the Heart. (https://sbfsg.agency/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Kena fired, able to feedback to MOM? (https://sbfsg.agency/showthread.php?t=771324)

178noobnoob 16-04-2020 11:58 PM

Kena fired, able to feedback to MOM?

Joined a new company last year.
Everything was smooth till recently, my boss decided to ask afew of us to leave without any valid reason. He have given us termination letter. There wasnt any coaching or warning letter given to us.
Base on this case, are we able to file a complain over to MOM to get this company a fine?

Currently looking for Job as well.
Hundreds of resume sent, but no reply.,

chubbybastard 17-04-2020 08:42 AM

Re: Kena fired, able to feedback to MOM?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 178noobnoob (Post 19963348)
Everything was smooth till recently, my boss decided to ask afew of us to leave without any valid reason. He have given us termination letter. There wasnt any coaching or warning letter given to us.
Base on this case, are we able to file a complain over to MOM to get this company a fine?

Did they pay you to terminate you? Did they breach any terms of your employment contract? If they paid you compensation for termination and did not breach any terms of employment contract then there is very little you can do.

Seville 17-04-2020 02:25 PM

Unfortunately, Singapore is an at-will employment zone. That means that generally there is no right of recourse against termination, assuming that the employer has given notice (or made payment in lieu of notice - e.g if termination has a 1mth notice, they can just give you the 1mth salary).

You can try to cite unfair dismissal, however, that is only for a limited amount of cases. The types of unfair dismissal are listed below:
https://www.mom.gov.sg/-/media/mom/d...068A2 301AB86

However, take note. Generally wrongful dismissal will only lead to compensation and not a reinstatement of your job.

ramadel 17-04-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Dun waste your time with MOM. They are pro businesses.
I have known many cases of my fellow countrymen whose employers terminate them without reasons. Some employers will nicely tell them to go but many bastards will just quietly cancel the work passes. Complain to MOM is no use because 9 out of 10 cases the result will be in favour of the businesses.

Just LL look for another job la.....

Pictionary 17-04-2020 08:47 PM

Paging for sbfsg admin! Here is an opportunity to showcase yourself to be a advisory speaker.Lifetime opportunity not to be missed.

fallen11 18-04-2020 01:06 AM

Quote:

You can try.
but really have to expect nothing from MOM.
Unless you want to engage lawyer to sue. depends your salary package how much. usually those who sue employer for wrongful dismissal ones are making at least a million a year.

178noobnoob 18-04-2020 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbybastard (Post 19963757)
Did they pay you to terminate you? Did they breach any terms of your employment contract? If they paid you compensation for termination and did not breach any terms of employment contract then there is very little you can do.

They did pay me for my notice period. But from what i understand, there ahould be warning or coaching given before any termination? Or SME company can forgo that part? That i’m not sure.

178noobnoob 18-04-2020 02:28 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for the Feedback. Guess i will just send over to MOM.
Meanwhile just continue with my job hunting over these period.

loneyheart 19-04-2020 12:11 AM

Company can always give the ans as " Your svc is no longer needed "
Then as per contract agreement give u 1 mth notice or pay in lieu of days as stated in the appointment letter .
They won .

At time I wonder what the differences between retrenchment and termination ... there don't seen to be a clear point for us lower range workers ... especially those who work for 1 company for long svc .

bignehneh 19-04-2020 02:35 AM

MNC have a process and a procedure for performance management. SME usually anyhow hoot one. Also sometimes dismissed or cut pay with little or no reasons given

Greendevil 19-04-2020 02:20 PM

what is the basis of your complaint to MOM firstly?

was there was a infringement to the employment agreement?

you cant simply go MOM to complain simply because you are fired at this period. Also, bear in mind the circle is small for some industry and your next job may call your ex employee for reference as well. Dont be in the moment of anger and fail to see the bigger pic

CumExplorer 19-04-2020 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bignehneh (Post 19966632)
MNC have a process and a procedure for performance management. SME usually anyhow hoot one. Also sometimes dismissed or cut pay with little or no reasons given

yes mnc or SG listed company will follow some procedure, for SME forget abt it

Pictionary 19-04-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 178noobnoob (Post 19964972)
They did pay me for my notice period. But from what i understand, there ahould be warning or coaching given before any termination? Or SME company can forgo that part? That i’m not sure.

Have u seen the news report about dfs employees retrenchments and compensation? Aware about the current affairs got nothing to do with work performance, however in this society there is a handful of difficult ppl and u have to handle them tactfully. So go find out in the internet, u will gradually get your answers, dun come here get it.

And Bignehneh, nobody here got money and connections.

squiggle 21-04-2020 02:37 PM

If this kind of thing happens to me, I will just move on. Unless I have been contributing a lot to the company or being backstab. Yes, you can try to complain. But MOM most of the time will side the employers, your boss can just use the excuse of retrenchment or work perform unsatisfactory to fire you.

fallen11 24-04-2020 11:36 PM

well this covid crisis just show how useless MOM is:D