View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 08:55 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info Thread

How do i begin this,not too sure. But i am here to consolidate all the information thru out 2014 to now on all my trip summaries and all my guides into one single post for easier future reference free for all Batam cheongsters ,if you need it,they are as below :

*its 10k words and post is long, i quoted it to prevent accidental quoting from new forum users.

Quote:
Beginner/1st Timer to Batam :

1. 1st time going to Batam? Or long time never go Batam? Here we have a Beginner's Walk-Through Guide for 1st Time/Newbie Batam Visitor to help you navigate Batam. Alternatively,you can also click on my signature for the same link. I back it up with another link in case the above link ever fail. The main Link,in case all else failed

2. Need some advise being a 1st timer Batam Traveller,here are some consolidated basic advise which i find MOST important. The Key Points are stated HERE by some senior bros.

3. And i have an updated Batam LIST recorded as of 3rd April 2015 HERE and as they are constantly being updated from time to time for everyone's reference,please do follow this thread from here onward for the latest updated List. There is also another shorter list that i do not constantly update for bros who would like to visit alternative Bars,Pubs or Night Clubs HERE.

In order for me to bring all my summaries together,i actually Read Back from Page 1664 of this thread onward. And from my reading,i found out how i actually almost fully utilise every single post i made in this thread and rarely find any of my own posting going out of topic. So for those who wish to track back my postings to see if i post anything that may be useful to you,you may follow the below steps :

Go to my nick on the left hand side of my post,click on it and you will see the below :

Then you click on Find all posts by nono1973

And you will be brought to a page that look something like the below :

There you go,you have practically all my postings in this Batam Info Thread inside a couple of pages. Go ahead ,click and read them. This is also a method that you are able to trace back another person's posting track record to gauge the reliability of his/her information shared in the forum too.

Ok,back to my summaries. I only start writing my trip summaries from my 3rd Batam trip onward in this thread,and as this forum has a single post limitation on the number words and photo ,i shall share all the links of my summaries with 2 links in each summary that i backed up starting from April 2014.
My Batam Trip Summaries

One of my main purpose for writing summaries are for my future after-trip-reference as well as for others NOT to make the mistakes i made before.

1. From 14th April 2014 ,my 3rd trip to Batam and it is my 1st summary in this thread. I was a newbie back then,reading back today really gives me a good laugh especially when i think back on those dumb mistakes i made....lol. Here is the Full Link.

2. 6th of May 2014 after getting more good advise from senior bros here,i made my 4th trip to Batam. And some of the photos shared (above link) after a while went dead,but my bookmarked summary link photos are still intact.

3. Soon it was 5th June 2014,thats my 5th trip to Batam,hehehe...and it was during the Batam MTQ time where most booking joints are not fully open for business for fear of raids by the Batam authority. It wasnt a exactly a good trip for me. Well,for the complete story with photos,it is being bookmarked here.

4. Wah! I actually didnt have a back up bookmark on my 6th Trip to Batam becos it was written LIVE when i visit Batam,hehehe....seriously,i have no one-click-to-go link as the summary/FR link is being divided into few parts scattered all over in the thread. It was also my 1st Ramadan trip and Ramadan is known to be "not a good time" to visit Batam.

Below's the report in scattered links in this thread :

http://sbfsg.net/showpos...ostcount=26054

http://sbfsg.net/showpos...ostcount=26060

http://sbfsg.net/showpos...ostcount=26066

http://sbfsg.net/showpos...ostcount=26090

5. My 7th Trip to Batam on 5th Aug and back on 6 Aug,its a 2D1N. Hmm...i always have the impression i always go for 3D2N,hehehe...the 7th Trip contains information of VOA aka Visa-On-Arrival for foreigners entering Batam too. Anyway,i did remember to do a bookmark on this one,hehehe...

6. 25th Sept was my 8th Trip to Batam....at this point,i am already having a little concussion reading my trip summary and tracing my thread from the SBF side...lol.Its REALLY tough tracing back a particular post or my summary in this thread. I know its there,but finding it is a challenge. The bookmarked summary is so much easier.

7. The Oct 2014 Batam trip,it was my 1st Barelang Bridge visit and my 9th trip to Batam. It was my BEST TRIP in Batam.To date,none of my trip could match this one. My only regret is,i didnt extend it to a 4D3N. Btw,its also my 1st trip with someone i do not know in person from this thread.

8. On my 10th Trip to Batam,Prima Ferries has change name to Horizon Fast Ferries. My 1st trip with more than 1 bro from this forum whom i did not know in person. Its consider as my 1st group trip i guess,hehehe...i think everyone has a good time together. Good memories to remember by in years to come.Also 1st time i have to reject a girl after booking,hehehe... The Full Story Here.

9. Now for my 11th Trip on 9th to 11th Dec. Quite a good trip in general,and again its in group. I kind of like group trip. But group trip means less trying of new things and i am not the type who like to repeat the same thing over and over again in Batam. Bookmarked of my 11th Trip

10. My 12th trip on Jan 2015,and yet its is another group trip . And this is another good one too becos we have a bro who could speak Malay (tho not Bahasa).Save us a lot of trouble and we score some SYT bonk at 250k per pop real easy!! Read on....

11. The 13th Trip,which is also CNY and my MOST expensive trip to Batam ,cost a bomb but enjoying the least. The scenarios is entirely different from the normal last 12 trip i had in Batam,the girl's pricing to taxi fare...even the food,they are higher in price. Read on...

12. March 2015 trip,a trip i knew that would not be as bad as my last CNY trip...its the most recent one as of date of this post. Not my best trip,but neither is it the worst...rating 8/10 overall. The complete details....

13. 14th April 2015 trip to Batam,my number 15th trip to Batam....here's the Detailed Summary. Contains Indosat Mentari internet sim card info,Ocean Massage and Princess.

I guess thats is all i could update before this post expires in about 10 days from now as then, i wont be able to edit this post anymore. I go to Batam once a month,so likely the next time i would start a brand new thread like this with all the consolidated information, will be in end of 2015 or somewhere in 2016. Do keep a look out in the Batam Info Thread.

Cheers!

~~Continue to part 2~~
(next will be my personal Batam notes)

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info

Last edited by nono1973; 27-04-2015 at 03:00 PM.