View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 02:01 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssleight View Post
Part 4 of 4

- 1330: Chose the 250k package for Deluxe Room (it’s not really a room btw). To get to the rooms, you have to go through the lounge. Price comes with 1.5 hours massage and use of facilities. Facilities include shower, steam, sauna and jacuzzi. Jaccuzi area is quite big with roman statues around. Sauna and steam is rather small. Place is generally decent, but showers a little dirty. Food-wise, got some nasi-lemak and goreng pisang. The lounge seems spacious and comfortable, but very dark. Drinks only got free water and ginger tea. The rest have to pay. Beer should cost you a couple of SGD. You ‘order’ your girl too from the receptionist that is IN the lounge area. My friend and I specified very clearly we want “muda dan langsing” (young and slim). Apparently, you are allowed to change the girl once.
o MP: Atalanta Spa.
o ML Name: Vanessa.
o Age: 25 (alleged).
o Massage: 4/10.
o Looks: 5/10. Semi-SYT.
o Body: Can’t really see in the dark also. But I think quite the meaty type (not my type).
o HJ: NIL.
o FJ: NIL.
o Attitude: A bit of teasing here and there. Generally friendly, until the tips part.
o Damage: Was quoted 400k for HJ. Didn’t ask about FJ. I told her I only will pay 150k for HJ. She say no way. I say never mind. Hahaha.
o RTM/F: Might go Octopuss to try first.
o Comments / Observations: A generally classier place compared to many others. Staff at the lounge are friendly and helpful. If you go early, you will not find many people there. But at around late afternoons, you will see many people streaming in. Most (if not all) for the day I went, were local men only.
Hehehe...i cant help commenting on this. You just shared something that put me in an advantage for this part of your FR. I dont wish to elaborate more. Yes,please do try Delta Spa and Octopuss Spa if you get a chance in Batam again,hehehe...

Thank you very much.

Quote:
- 1800: Left the place and walked to have seafood near HBT. On the way, got see this MP. I think it’s called Ocean Massage or something along those lines. They have a menu for FJ. Apparently, can change girl until you like. But no photo album or anything to see. Minimum price quoted at the reception is 787k IIRC.
This place by now should have been overly priced. Its good for a one time try,especially the 4 Breast massage since not every Batam massage shop offers such. After the one time try on it,most like me, will not RTM for the same thing again.

Good for a one time novelty try tho.

Quote:
- 1830: Had nice seafood near HBT. Price is quite reasonable. Dinner was not bad @ 260k Rp only for 2 people. Please help yourself to a few pictures hehehe. We ordered about 5-6 dishes with beer.
Finally,it reaches the final part of your FR.

Took me a while to read them a few times and before making a reply. Apparently,you dont make any mistakes at all,in fact you fare far too well as a Batam 1st timer,especially with the 20k taxi fare...hehehe...can see that you are not new to the indo land and my guess is you also speak fluent-enough bahasa indo and a non-Chinese too.And in the event if you are,an Indo Chinese you should be. Almost forget to add,if it is none of the above,high chance you have been "guided" (高人指点). Thats how i feel after reading your FR.

Believe it or not,no 1st time Batam newbie who could speak zero Malay or Bahasa indo could get a 20k taxi trip (i dont usually use strong words). I doubt they could even get up any taxi vehicle with 20k rupiah,hehehe... Even the dinner at Harbour Bay Terminal for 260k too,it was a good price. They were one of the lowest i have seen,and it goes to tell me you know the Indonesia culture well.Perhaps some reading your FR may feel you are not speaking the truth and/or it is totally impossible to get that. But no,not for me as i believe you becos someone has gotta the same fare before you during 2016 and how truth was that when he says so,no one can verify.

However much i say,i do believe the Batam locals pay an average fare of 30k to 35k from Harbour Bay to anywhere,and me? I have to resort to using the point to point "trickery" to get the below 20k rupiah as a foreigner who speaks no malay nor Bahasa Indo.

(Harbour Bay >> opposite Formosa Moneychanger >> Kaha >> Back to Formosa check-in = 40k rupiah (with occasionally 10k tips) + Free taxi ride from Formosa Hotel to Harbour Bay using the membership privileges)

Thank you for sharing. I like this FR becos its more of an in-depth experience exchange and it sets me thinking from a Newbie perspective. From my heart,i sincerely wish and hope that your next Batam trip will be better than this one.

(i dont see the need to ask you to drop expectation by half,since its a recce trip with all massage places you been to being rated from 2/10 to 4/10 except Sports Massage; you already knew what you were looking for when it comes to "massage",hehehe...)

Cheers!

Side notes :

I said this before,in Batam,there is also 80k to 150k rupiah per pop (much older girls),lowest i have heard was 50k rupiah per pop (21 year old girl,with some techniques used <which i dislike the use of such techniques>) in massage shops when the girl/s were new and desperate enough. So i am a believer,anything and everything is possible. Then i ask myself,can everyone and anyone get it almost all the time (aka easily get those deals) in Batam,my answer is no. If its not going to be easily available,then i will only be sabotaging the newbies and the 1st time Batam visitors if i add those info into a Guide.

The same can be applied to Taxi fare too. 30k to 40k rupiah for regular rides from point A to point B if one bargained within Nagoya area. If one dont plan to bargain,the price will usually be 50k rupiah plus/minus,otherwise the carrot price of S$30 to S$50 per trip payment which can be seen in the old thread.

Here's my Taxi Pricing Variation during my Batam travel-about base solely on my experience.

1. Grab a full day taxi for only if one plans to go anywhere else more than just getting girls whereby it will usually cost between 250k to 500k rupiah per day. (a full day taxi here means the moment i arrive Batam till around 9pm in the evening and send me back the next morning/noon)

2. Grab a taxi for FREE (via negotiation with the driver) if one plans to go for only girls and thats it. Taxi driver earns from the commission from the booking joint. (if my objective to go Batam is purely just for girls only,i do not need a taxi at all) Taxi driver brings you to serveral booking joint,you picked the girls,pays for it (the girl/s) and the same driver send the girl to you at your desired time. No extra payment needed unless one wish to tip the driver.

3. If one has a regular taxi driver,take down his number. Negotiate for a point to point fare. It can be 20k to 30k rupiah fare from each point to point. Meaning i called the cab driver i knew,the driver comes to Harbour to fetch me to Hotel,i pay 20k. Then i called the same driver again to bring me go lunch,another 20k. Then call the driver to pick me up after lunch,another 20k,then call the driver bring me go massage,another 20k,and another round of calling to bring me back to hotel,20k rupiah,the list goes on and on. Its like a call per use per trip. (if i know i am going to exceed a certain amount per day/night use,i grab a full day driver instead)

5 points = 100k rupiah

Example : i go from Harbour to Hotel,1 point. Hotel to lunch,another point,to find girls,another point,go masaage,another point and so on.

4. Like i say before,i used some trickery from Harbour Bay to Money changer away from Harbour bay,then to Kaha and then to Hotel at 40k to 50k. All in will be less than 20k each point to point. 40k to 50k divided by 3 point destination. I use this method on my solo trips. (everyone who visit Batam before knows changing money at any ferry terminal usually not-so-good rate)

Even if i dont go to Money changer 1st and head from Harbour Bay to Kaha,and then to Formosa only,the fare is still 40k to 50k divided by 2.

5. Dial a Blue Bird taxi that runs on taxi-meter.

Taxi drivers get commission in almost everything whenever money comes out from my wallet,according to what i have read so far. Just that to date,i dont get to see a driver collecting his commission.(what i dont see doesnt mean its not happening in this case and they do collect commission) The taxi variances mentioned above depends on how i would like to travel in Batam. Meaning to say,i have a choice...hehehe...

Just sharing my experience here.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info