View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 05:29 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

My 32nd Batam Trip Summary
(4th Sept to 7th Sept)

In reference to my 31st Batam trip summary.

This trip summary is going to sound a bit boring becos i really how to start it. I look thru all my camera phone and realize that out of 10 photos i took,7 were naked bodies of my girls,hehehe... another thing would be,this the start of my preparation trip for my upcoming CNY 2017 trip. I apologize if its going to sound more like a Guide Book in this summary.

Like my usual,i disembarked from Harbour Bay,got my temperature check before making my way to get my passport chopped,and the anti-zika healthcare staffs were making sure passenger that comes from Singapore wasnt having any fever,rashes,red eyes etc. Thanks to bro Hawkeye,i was better prepared about filling the form and knows what to face :

Due to having early preparation,i can even help other passengers on board the ferry;a family of aged ladies and their little girl in their form filing. One very simple help i offered,i got a pen and help the lesser illiterate to fill in those forms. I think they were all caught by the surprise on the form-filling. They even ask about the white card too.

By the time I touch down and cross the Batam custom stamp-chopping,i was already about 20mins delayed comparing with my usual time I reach Batam in those previous trips. The most difficult time after the custom officer chopped my passport is gone and I looked forward to my paradise ,hehehe...

Upon checking into hotel,i learn of a good news,i qualified for the hotel's Silver membership card. Which is going to give me 15% off nearly everything from the hotel. But what i am after in their membership offer wasnt really the 15% but their free Transport from hotel to anywhere (but not back) 4 times a year.

The silver card also entitles me some free laundry wash which i didnt exactly need. 15% off King massage which i already start using,hehehe...

Not only did i qualify for the Silver card,i also qualify for ONE free night stay too. Now,here's the next best thing which i am targetting,i am looking at the below benefits :

If i am staying in a deluxe room,each night stay i get 13 points instead of the previous 10 points,and 15 points for Junior suite room and 17 points for Family room. 150 points entitles me to a FREE night stay,so in other word i need to stay less than 12 nights to get a free night instead of the previous 15 nights. And Gold card will give me less than 10 nights stay for ONE FREE night stay.

If i can clock more than 15 nights in around 4 months time,i think to achieve less than 12 nights to hit Gold should be a walk in the park,hehehe...thereafter i do some maths base on my regular stay,i would just need to stay less than 9 nights at most time to get another FREE NIGHT stay which in turns makes it the most value promo for free night stays among online hotel sites.

Forget the 15% to 20% of their gimmicks,as a tourist,i can never outsmart their price increase over the discount. BUT!! The free ride back to Harbour Bay gives me an extra bargaining edge against the hotel taxi there PLUS the free night stays also helps me earn some cash to cover my ferry tickets,hehehe....one stone kills many birds in this case. Have i mentioned before in my previous summaries that my stays in Batam hotels were practically claimable,hehehe...

...to page 2

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info