View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 08:01 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by miumiu6464 View Post
Ya, senseless comedy. But, this is much poorer than his comedy from yesteryears. The movie hall was half full, mostly Indon Chinese, and they are enjoying the movie. So, maybe my ”笑点” is high. Or maybe I've forgotten how to laugh already. LOL..
Hehehe...a comedy that dont make you at least laugh once,i have to name it as 'fail'. Then again,sometime expectation,understanding of the film direction and the producer's past film do play an important role too. We all tends to make comparison.

Stephen Chow's past newer films w/o him in it few years ago (eg,The Mermaid, Part 1 of the same film etc) was already a disappointment to me. I didnt bear much expectation on this one but i am looking more onto what i can learn from the film instead. A different kind of looking forward to things,i guess.

己所不欲,勿施于人 is one of the lesson i see in this movie. Meaning do unto others what you would do unto yourself but in my terms,it means 'do not do unto what i do not like others do unto myself'.

And there are this things about 'letting it go' in the movie. One will have to cling unto something before he/she can 'let it go'. 2 sides of the coins on this one. When i watch a movie, i also look at myself. Journey to the west story,can be like a journey in this thread (as well),where i write my summaries,it can also be my journey in real life.

If there's a chance,i would like to watch this movie in Batam. I am sure i will have a chance at the later part of 2017,but more than likely,i wouldnt have that chance to watch it in any of the Batam's theater during its screen time.

So many Buddhas fighting against one Monkey King in this movie,hehehe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miumiu6464 View Post
Just received bad news. Or, rather, it's good news to her. "Cecilia Cheung" just told me that she's no more working at Happy8. When probed further, she said that she's "berhenti kerja". Guess it's like what NoNo mentioned, good girls will be taken off the rack fast. From being placed in the showroom - I got her on her 4th day, to now stopping work, it's just now more than 2 months (maybe). And within this 2 months, I only had a short time with her once. After that, she's always booked and even told me I had to prebook her to ensure to get her on the days I'm coming to Batam. This is on Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays. Not sure about weekdays though.
Good and better girls dont really last very long in Batam,hehehe...during my CNY 2017 trip,i had the honor to talk to one of an ex. New Berry girl for a little while. She's one of the 'hotcake' there that often need to be pre-book in advance. Her contract ends beginning of Feb 2017 and by now,she should already no longer in Permata nor New Berry. Almost lost all her hard earn money when ah long go bust but luckily she manage to get all her S$5k plus back from her 3 month contract after the merger (according to her own words).

Note : i brand her as 'hotcake' becos i checked with ah tek who is their most popular girl,ah tek tells me its 'her' (i think i told you before) and i dont usually get a chance to see her in the joint during my monthly visit. Ah Ming also tells me before that she gets a nearly everyday booking thru out her 26 days/month over her 3 month contract (if my memory serves me well,there was a 3 or 4 x extension of 3month contract during 2016).

Ask her what she plans to do after she return home with that money,she tells me she's going for further studies...and then i ask her what she wants to do after she finish her studies,her reply makes me <face palm>...hehehe...

She says she aim to go to Taiwan to work as a maid (that could fetch her at least 6 juta a month) after she complete her studies.

See,they are also human. They have dreams in life like most humans too (no matter how small and simple it may be).

By the way,this girl i am talking about,you knew her too. When i am in New Berry with bro S during 2016 (or if i am there alone or with other friends),she kept asking for you if she sees me...i am sure you know who i am talking about after my hint above,hehehe... There is only one girl in New Berry whom both of us know, keep pestering me for 'you' whenever she sees me,hehehe...

She now has a Malaysian boyfriend (if i dont remember wrongly).

Just sharing.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info