View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HIV screening info

to addon to my earlier post..
here is an extract from Dr tan and partner website.

http://www.drtanandpartners.com/hiv-...d-immigration/

HIV Laws in Singapore – Disclosure and Immigration
POSTED BY DR. TAN KOK KUAN ON NOV 25, 2013 IN HIV, PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV | 250 COMMENTS

Many people are still concerned about the laws in Singapore with regards to HIV.
Click here for info on How to visit Singapore if you are HIV +ve.

Laws pertaining to HIV are governed under The Infectious Diseases Act (IDA) which has been amended multiple times since HIV was discovered.

The spirit of this law is really 2 pronged:

To protect public health
To protect the identify of people living with HIV
Yes, Number 2 is hard to believe especially in Singapore but it is true.

Let us look at this is more detail.

1. To protect public health

Law: The IDA requires a person living with HIV to undergo counselling and comply with specified precautions and safety measures.

Comment: Honestly, this is really fair enough don’t you think? There are so many misconceptions and so much misunderstanding about HIV out there that people who are diagnosed with it really should understand the facts and myths.

Law: The IDA makes it an offence for a person living with HIV to have sexual intercourse without informing and obtaining consent from the partner.

Comment: Everyone has to agree that this is fair.

Law: The IDA requires that a person who has reason to believe that he/she has, or has been exposed to a significant risk of contracting HIV to take reasonable precautions to protect their sexual partner even is he/she is ignorant of their HIV positive status.

Comment: In other words, if a person engages a sex worker and unknowingly passes HIV to his/her partner, the law deems this an offence. Because the person should logically know that engaging a sex worker puts him/her at risk of HIV. In short, ignorance is not an excuse.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here