View Single Post
Old 29-03-2019, 08:48 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Actually, if i do not mind staying around Batam Center, the one build by Indonesia ex president Habibie's Pollux Properties is quite unique too.

Laying their 1st brick on Oct 2015 and starting their 1st phase of 1 block of 50 floors, 2 blocks of 40 floors, 1 of 35 floors ,Mall and 53 units of shophouses,hehehe....

They call it "Meisterstadt"

There is going to be a 100 storey building for office tho,hehehe...

...and from the number 100 storey, it can over look Singapore's MBS...hehehe...

...and it has currently almost done with 1st phase of 4 blocks...hehehe...

The above done is not their 100 storey office building,and i dont know how long they are going to take to finish the phases of blocks tho. People are talking about this building being even taller than the Singapore taller's building Tanjong Pagar Center (thats if they made it). Also, one would be able to see the 100 storey building from Singapore Merlion Park.

Many times i pass by this Meisterstadt apartment whenever i am in Batam, in fact i was in Batam during their launch in Oct 2015,hehehe...and better still, their apartments were more than 50% lesser as compare to Formosa Residence (formosa is close to S$100k, comparing studio to studio).

Just too bad, this place is in Batam center area...*sob*...not in Nagoya area,hehehe...i dont have anyone in Singapore or foresee myself bringing anyone to Singapore's Merlion Park and then point to this "Meisterstadt Apartment block" and said to them...

"Hey! Thats one of my home you see out there!"
(standing from Singapore but pointing at Meisterstadt apartment)

Oxley is one of the big named developer in Batam, becos they were a public listed company in Singapore. And Pollux Habibie is the next bigger name,hehehe...but i guess nobody would understand why i only mention this name until now.

Thats becos i already almost know what i am looking for in Batam. And Batam Center area is just not my choice...at the least, not for now.

I owned some estates in Singapore, i could use my yield collected in Singapore to pay for a few Batam apartment units that is on 0% interest (36 months to 48 months from developer/s), rent it out later to collect rental yield (since on a later date, i am likely to be around physically more in Batam than in Singapore). No matter how, its still better than the 6% interest in my CPF,hehehe...and to play things a bit more safer, i will ONLY jump into those 0% installment plans ONLY WHEN i do have the physically hard cash to pay them in full in my bank account (i dont like to owe bank/anyone money).

As for selling? No, i dont have plans to sell any of them,at least not when i am physically alive. Inheritance to my next-of-kin? No, i dont plan to allow anyone to inherit them. Every asset oversea goes to charity to that country upon my death (the word "Every" here is a strong word).

My own BIG Plan,hehehe...

1. Making sure my asset's yield in Singapore can cover my expenses in Batam. I have been talking about this since the 1st day i am in Batam (refer to my 1st few summaries), about allowing Batam (not Singapore) to pay for Batam itself (thats like about 5 years ago?). Sustainable cheonging,hehehe...remember?

At my later time when i were to add in my Singapore's assets, i should have more than enough,ultimately still trying to let batam pay for batam but this time,its for my female caretakers aka butler.

2. Making sure i have enough saving from Singapore to splurge (minus those Batam property thingy mentioned in the thread),hehehe...whatever i cant spend finish dont belongs to me anymore when i pass on ,right?

3. Making sure i can be healthy (i will touch on this one on a later time,becos my current low paying job today involve medical healthcare,hehehe..),live a longer good life and hopefully pass on later with dignity.

Facing death itself isnt scary, the process of it....is.

4. Making sure i can reach medical help within an hour (hopefully so, if not 2 hours or any shortest possible time). This is something which i am working on,even tho Batam is just 50 mins away from Singapore,hehehe...but travelling from Batam to Singapore is NOT 24 hours. So i better dont have any emergency from 9pm to 7pm (SG time). And i am quite surprise Batam actually have 8 hospitals.

i am quite clear about what i am looking for. Batam is Batam, Singapore is Singapore. I dont really mix them up (or mash both)...something like 狡兔三窟,hehehe...like i often have plan B or plan C as back up. Again,thats the usual me, myself and i, as you have read (if anyone did,hehehe..).

To live like a Chicken head (in Batam) or to live like a Phoenix's butt (in Singapore)... 鸡头还是凤尾,如果是你,你会如何选择?

My choice is obvious....

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info