View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 02:05 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

In reply to some bros who PM me regarding the difference in Horizon tickets and coupons/vouchers. There are quite a handful of them with similar question, hence i shall try to reply them as much as i could all in one post. Note that to me, Vouchers is equate to Coupons.

(Please do not PM me to sell/buy tickets, i DO NOT sell/buy them)

And they look something like this :

Below link shows you how the Coupons/Vouchers works :

https://sbfsg.net/showthread.php?p=...2#post19010472

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
This is how the vouchers aka coupons work :

1. Vouchers and Coupons has serial numbers. I can simply call Horizon counter in Singapore and give them my passport number to book a "ticket", and boarding pass. Once the Horizon counters has my details, anyone who picks up my vouchers/coupons can no longer use it.

2. The Terms and Conditions mention on the vouchers/coupons says clearly...

...the redemption can ONLY be done from Singapore Horizon counter at Harbour Front (and NOT Batam Harbour Bay ferry terminal).

3. They need to pay S$21 + S$7 tax and misc. Which total up to S$28.00 on weekdays and S$38 on weekends.

I gathered all the above from those who has used the voucher aka coupons before and on your girl friends case, its likely that the seller already has the original owner's details registered as stated on #1 mentioned above, hence the case of disputes.

For vouchers aka coupon, i am still not sure if they are ONLY available for use for foreign passport and NOT Indonesia passport tho.
Once you use your coupon/voucher to redeem your actual physical ferry ticket which could look like the below (its actually quite different in color from other physical ferry tickets by Horizonfast Ferry company) :

(photo below taken from bro BFOMF5's post)

...you will also be issue your boarding pass, to board the ferry from Singapore to Batam.

As for ferry tickets, there are a few types of Horizon Fast Ferry tickets to Batam Harbour Bay ferry terminal. Horizon Ferry tickets that were meant for Indonesian looks something like this in green or pink :

(this i believe is the older version)

...and this one is the newer version. Which is pinkish in color.

So, if you are holding a Singapore or any other countries passport (beside Indonesia) and if someone tries to sell you the above types of Horizon ferry tickets. DO NOT BUY! Because you cannot use them with your passport until you own an Indonesia passport.

(always double check with ticket seller)

The above green and pink Horizon fast ferry tickets were meant for Indonesian Passport holder ONLY.

Below is the official Horizon Fast Ferry ticket where you can buy directly from Horizon Fast ferry counter at Harbour Front ferry terminal.

The above ticket-type were usually sold at its original price of S$48 nett. The expiry of the ticket usually last around 6 months and/or more.

The below Horizon Fast ferry ORANGE tickets can be bought in Batam at around 375k rupiah, if not at 380k rupiah. It is being sold in Singapore online market place at S$40 under normal circumstances. This ORANGE ticket-type usually has an expiry date between 1 to 2 months from the purchase date.

VERY Important Note: All one single piece of ferry ticket has 2 portions, one portion will be torn away when you collect your boarding pass in Singapore,the other portion will be torn away once you collect your boarding pass from the Batam Horizon ferry counter at Harbour Bay. Meaning to say, no ferry ticket equals no boarding pass at all (its like an one to one exchange at Horizon ferry counter). And most physical ferry ticket/s were usually called "open-ticket", meaning anyone can use it if they have it on hand. You lose it, you buy the ticket all over again and its gonna cost you more than half the price of a full ticket, hence i advise all bros reading this post NEVER to leave your ticket/s inside your passport while your passport were getting chop by the Batam side of immigration officer/s (i was careless long time ago and left the other half portion of my horizon ferry ticket inside my passport and they were were stolen by the immigration officer during passport chopping time).

One-way Horizon ferry tciket easily cost around S$32.00 or if not more.

Just a bit of add-on here ; if wish to go Batam, you buy or have a Horizon Fast Ferry ticket, you go to Horizon Fast ferry country at Harbour Front (3rd floor) to collect your Boarding Pass that look something like this :

...and if you are looking for some luxury in your ferry travelling to Batam and opted for Business class with an extra S$12, you will be issue 2 more pieces of thermal slips (together with your thermal paper-ed boarding pass) that look something like the below :

So you now have a total of 3 thermal slips, one is the Boarding Pass slip (ferry crew will collect from you upon boarding reaching the ferry 1st floor), 1 of which is for Business class which will be collected by the ferry crew once you walk up the 2nd floor of the ferry.

The 3rd Business Class thermal slip (the most valuable of all the 3 slips to me), dont lose it as this will be collect by yet another Horizon lady crew upon arrival at the Batam Harbour Bay Immigration Arrival Hall, whereby they need your last thermal slip to put you in priority queue to get your passport chopped.

Under normal circumstances, the Horizon lady staffs will be dress in something like the below :

The above mentioned were for you know what to expect when you are buying from Horizon Fast ferry tickets travelling from Singapore to Batam.

From Batam to Singapore, just read this post backward, except the part that in Singapore, you DO NOT get priority queue at the Singapore Immigration and if you want Business class seats from Batam to Singapore, you will need another about S$12 in rupiah value paid to the Horizon fast ferry counter on the 2nd floor of Harbour Bay ferry terminal aka Bayfront Mall. The same place where you get your return-to-Singapore boarding pass.

All business class passengers from both side do gets priority to "get off the ferry 1st" tho.

This is how Batam to Singapore Horizon Fast ferry boarding pass looks like :

...which i will usually collect them 1st thing upon reaching Batam Harbour Bay ferry terminal (on the 2nd floor of Harbour Bay ferry terminal).

Below is how the Business class Boarding pass from Batam to Singapore looks like (as of date). The print is same as the economic class one on the above photo but in a different color.

A little update on Horizon Fast Ferry timing from Singapore to Batam and vice versa :

https://sbfsg.net/showthread.php?p=...0#post19018100

Hope the above post answered most of you guy's queries and even hopeful that readers will find it useful when travelling to Batam from Harbour Front to Harbour Bay. Enjoy your Batan trip/s.

Cheers!

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info