View Single Post
Old 21-03-2020, 08:10 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 660 / Power: 18
saabking is a splendid one to beholdsaabking is a splendid one to beholdsaabking is a splendid one to beholdsaabking is a splendid one to beholdsaabking is a splendid one to beholdsaabking is a splendid one to behold
Re: Houses that are closed temporary because of Wuhan Virus!

For all you know this was the intent of people behind the virus - total control

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIdesOfMarch View Post
Actually, I don't fear contact tracing in the sense that if I do get hit by it I'd think "oh no siao liao now gahmen knows I go Geylang shameful". I've always been open about my GL habits IRL (only if people ask, I don't go round telling them on my own accord). But I have personal and verified reasons to be distrustful of the government and our law enforcement when it comes to collection of personal data and trying to collect sensitive information of our habits or where we go or what we do IRL or online. They're a lot more inept and stupid than people give them credit for, which is only made up by how utterly intrusive they become in their investigative efforts to try and brute-force things through that only serve to prove their narrative.

That's why no, I won't be installing that new tracing app and why I'll still be very defensive and offended if contact tracing happens to me by any chance. Not because of me being worried about being found out that I've been to GL the past two weeks, but mainly because I resent the government's intrusiveness into collecting data on all our personal lives on the back of justification through the current health crisis. Just because the reason is right doesn't make the measures any less shit.