View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1096 / Power: 20
AfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud of
Re: HIV screening info

Quote:
Originally Posted by playboy82 View Post
Its not a matter to gain or to lose, the fact that so many bros here is asking for the window periods is that this kind of waiting kills, imagine having sleepless night for over 12 weeks? If 6 weeks can know the ans, y 12 weeks.As far as i know, a person will seroconvert by 4 weeks, only those late stage cancer or those patient receiving chemo will hav weak immune system and thus seroconvert at a later stage.

Of course i know why Singapore stick to 3 mths to even 6th mths, to cover their backside and thus be conservative abt the window period, even though the technology had improve and able to detect the antibodies earlier.Its a good measure to protect their interest, but from our point of view, its suffering for 84 days... can u feel the pain that i am typing abt?
Even though other countries may have a shorter window period, they still want the person to do a confirmation at 6 months.

The 3 month window period isn't about covering backside, it is based on clinical data. 99% seroconversion after 3 months.

No one is stopping anyone from doing a HIV test in the 4-6 week, and you're totally welcome to do so if you wish to.You also have the choice NOT to do the test at all.
However, we also recognise, and hope the brothers out there also recognise that there is a chance that the HIV negative result may not be conclusive if the test is conducted before the 3 month window period. If you are fine with having a lingering doubt that you may be the exception, that your -ve result may not actually be the case. Then sure, why not? But AfA's advice is always first 1 month after expoure go for test. Then in the 3rd month, do a confirmatory.

I posed you the question of what do you stand to gain or lose from doing another test after the window period because I was hoping you'd think about your reasons for doing the test in the first place. If it is the ease of mind from a confirmed result, then I suppose you can weigh the options and the pros and cons of each for yourself.

It is not in AfA's interest to deliberately prolong the window period to make ppl suffer for the sake of suffering.
We hope you realise that it's your body, your life, your choice. If you want to play, then be aware of the risk and the reality, e.g. kenna STI, suffering through the 3 month window period. be perpared to pay the price,take the best measures to protect yourself and what you cherish in life.