View Single Post
Old 29-10-2020, 05:24 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1143 / Power: 14
shorttime has much to be proud ofshorttime has much to be proud ofshorttime has much to be proud ofshorttime has much to be proud ofshorttime has much to be proud ofshorttime has much to be proud ofshorttime has much to be proud ofshorttime has much to be proud ofshorttime has much to be proud of
Re: Legal Lobang in Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMAffolter View Post
Just playing devils advocate here, not rubbish post.
Rental yield 5%, is this include management fees and repairs?
60% capital gain is yearly or over 6 yrs? Im guessing is over 6 yrs so avg 10%
Total gain is 15% (plus or minus 2-3% based on repairs and management fees, vacancy levels ect)

Im pretty sure you can get this return on a HDB in Singapore.
So issue is 10X2mill baht condos at 15% ROI vs 2x HDB apartments in Singapore where both give similar ROI and are of similar value.
Its much more simpler to colect rent from 2 tenants rather than 10. Definitely less repairs costs on 2 rather than 10. Economic future of Sg more stable than Thai (military coup, overvalued baht, covid affecting tourism, political dissatisfaction with gov, rising unemployment)

Then also as you mentioned Mutual fund Stock investments, speaking from my own personal experience I have been with a Fund that invests internationally and apart from this year and years with economic turmoil, I have been getting ROI of 15-20%, averaged over the 14yrs I have been with it has been 12%, this is after fees etc and involved zero effort on my part.
Im sure there are similar funds found in Sg with similar success rates.

Just an alternative idea, to what has been posted.
I think it depends a lot on the age we are at. As we grow closer to 60 or 70, You probably don't want to take more risk. You want something that is stable, and low risk.

HDB rental yield is excellent in Singapore, so it is a must to keep for rental income.

I will prefer to collect 6000 baht from 10 tenant vs 30000 baht from 2 tenant because there are not many who can afford a 30000 baht rental. The risk is lower when it is spread out.

A diversified passive income is the KEY, ie holding property, stocks, bond, unit trust, cash.