View Single Post
Old 24-03-2024, 03:05 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 113 / Power: 12
TheArtist deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyTheArtist deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: A story ten years in the making

Thank you for the support, everyone. I will do my best to keep the story fun and exciting, through a less linear approach.

Some stories adopt the safe, linear approach in their chapters, but I find the lull sections can be too draggy and would challenge the readers' patience. An example would be introduction > filler > filler > climax > climax > filler > filler > readers lost... A loose illustration from my own experience are Dragonball anime, in between fights, the episodes are less exciting and viewers need to wait for months for the next fight to begin. No offence to late Akira Toriyama!

I am attempting to write using the Ju-On approach, every chapter is exciting but non-linear, the viewers need to piece together the timeline and happenings. Readers are kept on their toes and kept excited to wait for the next update. Let me know if the linear approach is more welcomed Sorry for the cliffhangers!

Any suggestions are most welcomed. Appreciate everyone's patience as I piece together the happenings 10 years ago.

Ps: I checked and re-read but still got typo errors. Hai...