View Single Post
Old 07-05-2024, 09:31 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 376 / Power: 10
chubbybastard is a living Saint! - you won't find betterchubbybastard is a living Saint! - you won't find betterchubbybastard is a living Saint! - you won't find betterchubbybastard is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncled View Post
I'd tell myself to really save more, if possible, from 50-75% of take home pay, and invest in good quality stocks
This. Esp the investing in good stocks. In fact when i was younger i keep telling myself to buy DBS shares for investment when it was $18 or $19 a share but i keep procastinating and put on hold and instead spent my money on other useless stuff like a car which i later sold at a loss, holidays, girls specifically prostitutes, and worse of all gambling. Luckily i did not develop an addiction to gambling but still have a bit of addiction to prostitutes. I only really woke up at 35 and realise i had nothing. Not much money, no career and no tangible asset.

Saved like crazy from 36 and luckily bought a 4 room resale HDB with very little/no loan and saved up $100k cash. But now retrenched at mid 40s and taking up gig jobs to make a living....