View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 04:21 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitecrawllerr View Post
U been cheonging Btm regularly since the day u joined the forum.. 6 years ago. U dont speak bahasa...till now? Quite hard to believe...judging fm all the precious info u have gathered and shared here. One might assume u able to speak at least colloquial bahasa.
I do know a few Malay words from those army commands during NS,i can count from 1 to 5 in Malay,and some basic words like Makan, Konkek..which is about there. In Batam, i learned a few other words like Gratis, tutup and buka tho.

My friends used to tell me, the fastest way to learn indo bahasa is getting an Indonesian girlfriend,talk to her via sms,wechat,watsapp etc and when i need to reply to her message, i will need to google translate and hence start picking from a few words to one single sentence.

Apparently, i didnt heed their good advice and today, i am still at where i am when i 1st started Batam,hehehe...also why i am eyeing at a good digital voice translator to solve my (not-a) problem.

https://sbfsg.net/showthread.php?p=...r#post18423165

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygirly View Post
Those who met him would know...he is being modest lah
The friends who knew me in person would also know that i cant order food from food store if there are no picture on their shopfront,hehehe...unless i am ordering only nasi ayam or nasi goreng. The same apply for drinks too, my limitation for drinks is only up till Lasegar and Teh Botel.

The guy from a coffee shop can come and take my order for drinks which i do not understand what he try to tell me, i will just tell them lasegar lychee...and if they tell me lychee no stock (i still dont understand what he says), then i will be stuck there, almosy tongue-tight. I will only reply , "Teh Botel" regardless what he tries to tell me. And i am not drinking anything if they do not have stock for Teh Botel.

Which is the reason why the joke about 2 years ago comes about,hehehe..

I visit J2 food court some 2 years back with some friends, i try to order few pieces of fried bananas (like those below)...

...end up what turns up on a my food table was a few plates of fried bananas,like the photo below :

All of us couldnt finish the food,end up i have to pack 4 out of 5 plates of the above and bring it back for the hotel security guards to eat.

All of us got a shock when the fried banana 1st arrived on our table, all of us laughed when we left J2 food court. This is something to remember by.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info