View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 01:37 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1207 / Power: 20
YELLOW has much to be proud ofYELLOW has much to be proud ofYELLOW has much to be proud ofYELLOW has much to be proud ofYELLOW has much to be proud ofYELLOW has much to be proud ofYELLOW has much to be proud ofYELLOW has much to be proud ofYELLOW has much to be proud of
Bro u are richer in many ways ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttocaw View Post
10k, 20k, not everyone is that fortunate to be making that kind of money.
Given the opportunity, who doesn't want to earn more ?

I think i must be one of the lower earners compared to those in the thread.

I'm in my mid 30s and i'm bringing home a bit shy of 5k. Started work since i'm 22.

My wife is a little more fortunate, she's in the low 7k range.

So i guess my family combined income is barely what some bros here make in a month haha.

Anyway, high income or not, i think it really depends on the perspective you take and your relationship with money.

We have 2 kids. The only debt we have is the 20 year mortgage on the house. We are comfortable, we travel, we eat, we have fun, we are properly insured. There's money in the CPF.

At the end of the month, we can still put aside a bit of money as savings and for investment. Not a lot, probably a few hundred dollars here and there.

I envy the high income earners not for the money they earn from their jobs, but for their ability to put aside a lot more for wealth building and retirement compared to average folks like me.

We do what we can, with what little we can, but it's still better than not doing anything.

Cost are high in SG on a lot of things and for sandwiched groups with retired parents, and young kids, it's even harder.

I honestly think i'm quite a high income earner. hahaha. Not trolling but with my shitty education qualifications, the people i mix with when i'm younger, and the kind of work i currently do, i think i can't complain.

I can only blame myself for not having an affinity with books when i'm younger. Now old already, want to learn, already too late. If i get a chance to go back my secondary school, i will 'throw shit on wall'