View Single Post
Old 14-09-2019, 05:35 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1025 / Power: 17
osamalee has much to be proud ofosamalee has much to be proud ofosamalee has much to be proud ofosamalee has much to be proud ofosamalee has much to be proud ofosamalee has much to be proud ofosamalee has much to be proud ofosamalee has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen11 View Post
From what i know, shophouse u cannot buy but can lease up to 30 yrs.
However, if u wanna operate a business u'll need a local partner of shareholder holding at least 51% ownership. U can never be a majority shareholder unless u investing in new business areas which the thai govt is promoting. Like biotech, IT, etc.
For leasing, u will enjoy the ownership rights same as an owner during the leased term. But liability will also be yours (like min maintenance or safety standards to meet), and u do not have the rights to sell the property because u are not the owner. Owner also do not have the rights to take back or sell the property during that period because it is being leased away.
Thanks for the info! Now toying idea of either property or shophouse in bkk. Property can be 100% under my name which is a good although locals have a bigger allocation and maybe better units. Shophouse if only can lease its a small issue, of course if i own it even better.