View Single Post
Old 18-09-2020, 02:21 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2614 / Power: 20
draven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stuck in Thailand?

from my personal experience n opinion...
General Thai style comes together with how the gov structure themselves into..
1st, most Thai dont save..becos they dont think they will need to..
Education free till high school, even some Uni are subsidise and near to free also have..thats why see most children after high shcool finish Mo 6, then out of school if cannot afford Uni..
2nd Medication - sick or whatever, 30baht policy..they dont even think of buying insurance..in Sg, 10 and have 8-9 have insurance..in Thai, 10 and you be lucky to see 4-5 have insurance..
3rd Housing loan...one of the easiest way to get loan from self made paper works and get a 3million house loan..dive into heavy debts without planning..
4th Car loan..one of the most easiest way to get yourself a car in Thailand..
Even for car change of hand..if you can get hold of a car even without the car registration book, you also can sell the car off..the dealer can make a new car registration book in his way...thats why can see many in debts will go pawn their car in some ways..
5th most thai and with parent brain washing, most will like to go for the civil servant job.. the more years in it, the more you will get and most probably will get 70k to 100k thb per mth when one retire..after retire, one still take 40-50% of the previous salary as pension monthly...so no need to think about saving..
6th with point number 5, every loans they want to take as civil servant, is 99% will go tru..again in debts easily...but they dont worry too much as they always think, even retire still have money take from gov.
7th with most point added up, the new gen of Thai people with almost same mentality , starts to spend future money..with C.C, buy without much thought and planning..never worry about debts and snowball everything..they rather wish to showcase what they have and own
So they basically dont plan for future..becos take everything for granted and as obligation, and with obligation in mind, anything happens, its not their fault, its the cat, its the dog, its that women, its that bird which just flew past, its that bloody red ant fault but never they will say "sorry its my fault"
When you as a leader or boss, you pass down a plan, with points listed and procedure stated clearly and even in Thai..if never follow SOP and the outcome still the same, still nvm, can accept, but when the result are different and they never follow the stated SOP and THEY COME OUT WITH THEIR OWN PLAN...ah..thats the most fun part...Still not their fault..

All above listed will be on the majority thai..
but they are also thai who are consider International person..who have a better perspectives and better objectives..who love to save money and invest and plan for future and have better knowledge of everything...
Even if most apples are rotten, there are still some good apples in the rotten baskets..its the same in every country..
as one bro mentioned, if we chose to stay put, we only can learn to adapt..
try to use the disadvantage to make it into our own advantage..

For business, if you have the extra money to afford to lose, then do something you like or expert in, everything has its own demand..if for trial and error, then i suggest you keep the money for bonking or get a part time gf..from personal experience too..till now, i had invested in a decent massage shop and a restaurant..lost in total estimated 1.9 mil THB, 700k for the massage and 1.2mil for the restaurant.
Massage was self take care with wife..and restaurants with another Thai partner..got zero from both... consider bad life experience, but still optimistic about it..
When one door is close, there will be another door open...
In Thailand, do biz, you have to prepare yourself to get nothing back in the worst scenerio..just like Bacarrat , 50-50 win or lose..
in life, you have the gain the experience to grow up n learn...

I'M CIM KING