View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 07:54 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1747 / Power: 18
CheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant future
Re: Kena fired, able to feedback to MOM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 178noobnoob View Post
They did pay me for my notice period. But from what i understand, there ahould be warning or coaching given before any termination? Or SME company can forgo that part? That i’m not sure.
If your contract states either serve the notice period or can buy it out, there's no case for you. They can state it's due to redundancy (which they can easily make it valid in the current situation citing poor business etc).

Unless you can find reasons why it's wrongful e.g. they put up job ads for your post. Or other wrongful reasons such as if you are singled out, got harassed etc AND you got evidence to support it (something like boss don't like my face so he decided to fire me). This type is very hard to prove though.

And seriously, while I'm sorry to hear about your loss of job and I realised a lot of pple like to bash MOM etc, it's business if you know what I mean. Will you keep staff around if they are not relevant and cannot generate revenue or value for the company? Instead of complaining, try to focus more effort to bring up your own market value.

There's no guarantee that the next company you join will not go bust too. But if you have value (and I mean real value, not self delusion like some pple I know who always think they are above average, but you look at the way they talk, do things and with virtually no problem solving skills, I will definitely not want to be in their team or their managers), then it's just about finding the next job or even creating your own business.

All the best TS, don't let this be the start of a downward spiral, but use this as a chance to climb the next step up!