Thread: Betong update
View Single Post
Old 27-12-2019, 01:32 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 822 / Power: 18
Yokosi is a splendid one to beholdYokosi is a splendid one to beholdYokosi is a splendid one to beholdYokosi is a splendid one to beholdYokosi is a splendid one to beholdYokosi is a splendid one to beholdYokosi is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dargonfly75 View Post
Trip report
This report is a bit different as will not touch on the cheonging part that's already been covered by seniors like Yokosi.

Confirmation, there is no bus that goes into Betong directly. Perak Transit will only send to the border. If there is a lot of passenger, the driver will bring up to the duty free complex. Otherwise will stop at Malaysia immigration.
Get a motorbike to Betong, just tell them which Hotel to go to if you have already booked or have one in mind. Std price RM12. If you are good in negotiating, maybe can get for less.
Food is not exactly cheap. Had seafood fried rice, a bottle of coke and 2 raw oysters for dinner. Total charge was THB170 or RM22.
Breakfast was Beehoon soup and a cup of coffee for RM8.
Tutuk back to border, if Thai side is RM25, MY side is RM35. I decided to take to Thai side as the walk is short and the weather is cooling, even though it's sunny. Maybe the time of the year and also because Betong is up on a hill.
Had kway teow tomyam and a cup of ice coffee for RM15.
Others: Network is bad. Have both Starhub and Digi but couldn't even get any connection for both.
If you are one who cannot do without phone, may need to get local SIM here.
Had a 2hour oil massage for THB600
Excellent FR.

Wahh, you makan 2 oysters, drank coke, fried seafood fried rice.

I can be cheapo Charlie, ate big wan tan mee, drank free plain water. Cost was THB 60.

Drank a bit, no have lady, no gave necklaces to any lady in Jockey Club, sat at a cocktail table. Later, when pud was full of customers, hardly any space to move around.....lady ( agogo girl ) came and asked me to give necklaces to ladies.

I refused and she hit me with a bunch of necklaces. 3 Malay Thai bouncers came and pushed me out of this fucking pud. And told me to " balik rumah ".

Never go to puds when it is full. Must be generous in these puds or they will find some reasons to push you out if you, liked me, at that time, be a cheap Charlie.

But it was okay, but in Pattaya Walking Street, where a naked lady, on the round bath tub, on yaba drugs, took my beer bottle and splashed beer on my face. As usual, bouncers all jumped next to me and pushed you out. Soi 6 was better. Cheaper drinks, no flowers. Sat there, drank beer....see see naked ladies.....no problems at all.

No big deal, really. Its all a learning experience....all to digest and be smarter next time. Hahaha.

Last edited by Yokosi; 27-12-2019 at 03:52 PM.