View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1140 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4028 / Power: 22
Xgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadoo
Lets see who is the Favorite of the BROs here to be No. 1. Could it be Keegan? Gerrard? Fowler? Rush? Dalgish? So far, the only surprise to me is Luis Garcia.
Should be Kenny. He's King Kenny, good player, good manager. I hope John Barnes is in the top 10 though. If anything, this '100 players who shook the kop' poll shows Liverpool fans are a forgiving lot. Steve McManaman is voted 22 I think. Not bad for a guy who left Liverpool deliberately for free. Owen tried Bosman too.

Actually, in the year we won the Champions League(2005), Luis Garcis was voted the best right-sided player in the Champions League 2004/05 by the soccer players. He's irritating as he loses simple balls but he's also capable of producing match winning moments. Think of him scoring the amazing goal against Juve (Buffon some more), against Chelsea (2005 Champions League Semi, 2006 FA Cup Semi). He recently made the second goal possible for Peter Crouch against West Ham.

Actually, from what i gathered, there was a original pub in South Bridge Road for liverpool supporters. It was split into two later, MIA in UE Square and PennyBlack in Boat Quay. I asked my friend why he didn't go to MIA. He mentioned MIA got a lot of bookies by the side, waiting to accept bets as the live telecast of the matches is on. He didn't like that.

Pennyblack, on the other hand, doesn't have this bookie issue. I've been to Pennyblack for some matches and it's great to watch a match with fellow YNWA people. Got some hardcore chiobus with scarves and they lead songs too leh! But they come with another liverpool accessory, a just as hardcore bf who's a Pool fan too.

How come Pool's matches are shown at 7.40pm arh? So early.

http://www.eastofanfield.com/htdocs/index.htm