View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 574 / Power: 20
_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all
Re: Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgenre
Should be Kenny. He's King Kenny, good player, good manager.

Actually, from what i gathered, there was a original pub in South Bridge Road for liverpool supporters. It was split into two later, MIA in UE Square and PennyBlack in Boat Quay. I asked my friend why he didn't go to MIA. He mentioned MIA got a lot of bookies by the side, waiting to accept bets as the live telecast of the matches is on. He didn't like that.
hiaz, was at MIA quite a number of times but was never approached by any bookies or told about them. guess again, that i m not in the "in the know" group.

but agree with bro xgenre that it has to be king kenny. his contributions as a player, as a manager and he has conducted himself to be one of a gentleman, refusing to criticise his beloved club when he resigned from the manager's post due to politicking. liverpool went downhill from there. i hope that alan hansen is one of the top 20, if he is not already selected. gerrard will be there, as with fowler, i guess.

for me, 2 things brought about the drought in the 90s. no, not manure, but the bosman ruling bringing about EU ruling that players can move freely and not being considered as foreigners. liverpool was then snapping up english players and remember that team that consisted of david james, neil ruddock, jaime redknapp, steve macmanaman, robbie fowler and just bought stan collymore (not very smart but he's english). all these came to nought cos the rules changed for the european competitions, otherwise, it would be very difficult to beat them. alas, lppl.

the other one is more difficult to swallow, it is graeme souness when he was manager of liverpool. i will never forgive him for bringing liverpool to the pits. none of his signings ever performed, and when u thought people would have learnt, he goes to blackburn and newcastle and caused the same results, chaos. even mediocre and inexperienced managers, mark hughes and glenn roeder, can do better than what he has put up.