View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulgath View Post
At this point of reading yr summary,i wonder if there'd be any ji gong altar in any temples of batam. I remember when i used to go to batam w my family some years back,the very first venues we often go to was to their temples. Praying for things to go smoothly in real life.
I don't remember seeing any Ji gong altar in Batam,maybe I did and might have forgotten. But I knw there's a Tai Shui altar at Windsor Tua Pek Kong Temple tho,hehehe....

Quote:
And talking about Tai Shui,which are the Chinese Zodiac that offend Tai Sui (犯太岁) in year 2017 ?

Do’s and Don’ts For People who 犯太岁

1. First and most importantly is to have a positive mindset and do not worry over nothing because law of attraction does work if you are always thinking of the negative stuff.

2. Be involved and attend joyous celebrations as much as you can in order to rub some positive energies happy people and occasion.

3. Avoid attending funerals or going to hospital if you can.

4. You can choose to go for wisdom tooth extraction or blood donation as they are some ways to overcome 血光之灾

5. Do charity and do good

6. Avoid any extreme sports or any adventurous trips

7. Send your car for routine check to prevent any accidents on the road and of course drive carefully

8. Do not take any risky investment or career changes

9. Tai Sui dislikes noise and commotion. Avoid construction work including repair work or renovation.

Quote:
On my nxt trip,likely in 2017,i'd love to pay a visit to some of these temples there. A new year,& a new beginning,hopefully everything would be blessed to go smoothly.
If you are visiting Batam on the period of CNY,i will have to say that Windsor Tua Pek Kong is a must-go,hehehe...1st,it brings back those childhood times where your eyes will be tearing upon entering the temple due to the smokes from the incense. 2ndly,the lively spirit of the temple's celebration and the busy market surrounding is a sight lost over time in Sillypore. And when the sun is almost set, there's even a stage where the temple employ celebrities from Taiwan and other parts of Asia for some performance too.

Last and the best part is,you see a more unusual Tua Pek Kong temple on that day as compare to the other normal days you visited Batam. Beside just the crowd, you see how they pray there and a lot of thing is not normally seen during a normal time when one visit the same temple during non-festive season.

I have seen Tua Pek Kong Windsor during CNY 2016,this year for CNY 2017,i think I will go see how Tua Pek Kong temple Tiban celebrate CNY,hehehe...I am most likely to go to 2 different temple this time round. Maybe even 3,hehehe...since I might stay longer in Batam than usual.

Quote:
Thx for sharing those details in yr summary, together with a few good lessons well-taught.
When I go Batam to buy an apple and pays for it (even at a low price),i am not doing anything not-good. When I go batam to buy an apple and not pay for it,now that's not-good. I still fail to understand why some human still sees prostitution or engaging the service of a prostitute as something dirty, something evil...hehehe...the theory of one kind of rice feeds a hundred,or perhaps thousand kind of man applies. Cultural difference,i guess.

My own illustration ; perhaps one day someone with another perspective might say buying an apple from the Nagoya Hill Mall's Hyper Mart supermarket is a dirty-doing and is a very evil thing to do,hehehe...

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info

Last edited by nono1973; 08-01-2017 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Amended on the Chinese zodiac that 犯太岁,base on SG temple