View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 08:19 PM
Samster (B)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 148 / Power: 0
Hawthorns deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyHawthorns deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: NEW ANGELES CITY (Pampanga, Balibago, Subic) PI

Quote:
Originally Posted by modusoperandi View Post
..... I walked by one old timer bar called Garfield's and they had a "No Chinese allowed" sign in front. Interesting and quite racist business model.
Garfields is an american bar with interesting history.
It was originally operated and run by US military personnel and was a watering hole and meeting place for US special forces soldiers..... even back in those days they discourage folks from outside their military community to patronise that bar.

With the withdrawal of US Forces from Subic & Clark..... they opened up a little more to accept outsiders but the majority of their clientele is still retired military personnel, special operators and security contractors. All military personnel get a 20% discount off prices. Surprisingly our SAF 11b is recognised by them and entitled to the discounts too.

I dun think they exclude all chinese.... mainly referring to the PRCs whom they see as their potential enemies and adversaries in the battlefield. Filipino chinese or Singapore chinese have no problem dropping by for a drink.