View Single Post
Old 19-11-2020, 06:57 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2531 / Power: 6
SerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Lonely Housewife - Phase 2 Re-opening Adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerflySGR View Post
Turning off the hazard lights, I drove towards the nearest mall – first lunch to feed my hungry stomach, then off to the supermarket to grab a bottle of red wine. Should I get flowers? Is this a bit too much? My day had turned for the better. Months of texting and playing the nice, friendly, approachable neighbor had finally paid off.

I remember my Chinese friends teaching me it's not good to go visiting people empty-handed.
Maggi did not give any specific timing to meet up so I went directly to her home after I had my lunch and bought some 'hand carry' as my Chinese friends call it; I just wanted to spend as much time as possible with her.

I felt my heart in my mouth as I approached her unit. The gate appeared locked although the main door was open.

As I neared the entrance, I could hear her voice.

"Huh? Working late again?" She groaned. "How come during Circuit Breaker you can play games whole day and then now you are so busy?"

Her husband must be on the other line. I decided to hide in a corner and listen in to what she had to say.

"Ok lah! Ok lah! You do what you have to do." The conversation must have ended because I heard a muffled scream (she probably screamed into a cushion or a pillow.)

Should I 'appear' now? Or should I 'appear' a bit later; so that she will not know I had overheard her conversation? As I stood there pondering what to do next, Maggi made the decision for me.

"Hey! Are you on the way?" my phone buzzed. Thankfully I put it in silent mode or the alert would have given my position away. I gave myself an imaginary 'pat on the back'.

"Oh yes! I just parked the car. Going to take the lift. You are at Blk XX correct?" I retraced my steps to the nearest stairwell and did what Army boys will call a 'flanking maneuver' - I went down a floor and took the lift up to Maggi's floor. The things I'd do just to impress a girl!

It was quiet as I approached her unit the second time. A stark contrast to what I had witnessed just moments ago. The gate remained closed so I pressed the door bell. As it chimed its musical tune, I could hear her scrambling to the door, "Don't press anymore!" She hissed.

I was taken aback by the way she was reacting. The shock must have been written all over my face even though half of it was hidden behind a disposable, surgical mask.

"I just managed to put my son to sleep," she explained, "don't want him to wake up. Later hard to make him sleep again."

I wanted to tell her that 'putting someone to sleep' can also mean subjecting that someone to euthanasia but I decided against it lest she thought I was trying to correct her English; mine is not so wonderful either. Moreover, I did not want to spoil the ideal situation that I was dealt with. With her boy asleep, we could speak more freely.

I raised my arms, presenting the things that I bought for her.

"Nothing much. But hope you like them" I said.

"Wow! So thoughtful of you! Thanks!" her eyes brightened up for a second. "Are all men like this? Thoughtful initially and then after they get you in bed, they start to take you for granted?"

I opened my mouth but no intelligent sounds came out of it.

Some of my threads/posts may be a work of fiction
so names, places, incidents, etc. could have been imagined or used in a fictitious manner
Any resemblance to actual persons (living or dead) / events is purely coincidental
Images used are for illustrative purposes only