Thread: Wuhan PRC
View Single Post
Old 24-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 220 / Power: 19
spoonfork is a Helpful and Caring Samsterspoonfork is a Helpful and Caring Samsterspoonfork is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Seek advice for Wuhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengge
Bro spoonfork,
Do you have any recommendation for 4~5 hotel near to Hanyang? Or you propose to stay some where near to Hankou?
Any nice HC to recommend as well? Charges?

Thanks!
SG
It really depends on what you want. In Wuhan, most of the places of interest are quite far apart and taxi fares there are not cheap compared to other places. The starting fee is low but the meter jumps like a rabbit. A trip from Wuhan to example Wuchang will set you off by about S$8, or maybe more...so I would advice you to stay somewhere near to where your planned activities are. The traffic there can be quite horrendous... especiallly when you try to get across the river during peak hours. I have stayed in quite a lot of places but personally.... I always stick to Asia Hotel. I am not very good with names, so please bear with me. This hotel is right across a major hospital and it is within walking distance to a few big supermarkets. I like the breakfast that comes along with the room right at the pinnacle of the circular building, just like to revolving thingy at Westin Stamford. In the evening, you may like to try out the shopping area (like Orchard road).... BU XING JIE...I think, makan area where there will be alot of buskers trying to sell you a song or two while you are tucking away, pasa malam also around the vicinity..... and a couple of places where you can find live band performances (something like pubs but much bigger)..... they call it 看表演 (watch performance). All these are reasonably close to the hotel....in Hankou...travelling distance by cab is about 5 to 15 minutes. Your friends, counterparts might recommend you to go to JIANG TAN. This is a "park" at the river bank and if you know where Marine Parade is.... you may not want to be there. However, there are quite a number of discos and pubs (QING BA) around the area.... and I must add... nothing to shout about.

I will PM you the details of the hotel. The published rate is about Y600 to Y800 but I managed to get it at around Y350. The rooms are BIG, clean but not sparkling new. I really cannot remember the exact figures as it was almost a year the last time I was there. You may also like to check out the websites below for more details. As for HCs... I can't help you here. I go there to see my lover so ....no chance to patronise those places. I did however check out quite a number of joints and the prices were exhorbitant. You see, anyone visiting Wuhan will usually stopover at the other major cities and these other places offer a much better choice.... both in the economic sense and variety in services and options. Sorry bro... can't help you here.

Interactive Map: http://map.sogou.com/maps.jsp?appid=1155
Enslish News: http://club.cjmedia.com.cn/
Tourist Info: http://www3.wuhan.gov.cn/portal/english/gaikuang.htm

Hope these help