View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 254 / Power: 19
juswan2knwu is one of the Best!juswan2knwu is one of the Best!juswan2knwu is one of the Best!
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker88 View Post
...Recently, it is rather stable 1 USD to Rp 9100. Unless something big happen, I dont foresee any big changes again.
Look at teh SEZ( special economic zone), talk so much, up to now, nothing.
The problem is that there is no consenses on how it is to be done. To implement thru will mean a loss of extra income for many at the top.
Agreed. Hwevr, on & off, the rupian is still volatile, due 2 weak fundamentals, though may nt be lng lasting. Eg. in 2005, the economy so bad tat it drop ard 1/2 of its value, then the President decide 2 cut oil subsides 2 stablize the problem. Tk quite a while 4 the currency 2 climb bk though.
Most of recent gains R due 2 the bullish outlk 4 Asian markets (on the whole), as such, I believe tat Rupian is still subj. 2 very high risk once investor(, esp. speculators) moved out of emerging markets since US & Europe market lk more attractive (P2B, ...).

The SEZ, if fully implemented, will benefit both SG'orean & Indon businessmen & Batam wkers. Hwevr, as U hav mention they kind of knt agreed hw the legastive & financial ctrl of the SEZ. So, it doesn't make $$ sense 2 SG SMEs who R there 4 saving & nt spending.
The current central govt. lks more positive & promising than the previous few but it is still weak politically & in authority ovr separate islands since it is in pwr 4 oni a term. Oni a strong govt. tat is ensure of longvitity (lik Surhato's period) k implement fwd lking policy tat has positive lasting effect 4 the SEZ & country as a whole.