Thread: Pattaya
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Samster (M)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -999 / Power: 0
<<<SUCHINDA>>> <<<SUCHINDA>>> <<<SUCHINDA>>> <<<SUCHINDA>>> <<<SUCHINDA>>> <<<SUCHINDA>>> <<<SUCHINDA>>> <<<SUCHINDA>>>
Re: Pattaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtecklim View Post
When was that guys? I was there on my virgin trip in the early 90's and it was a cheong town but not as happening for tourist. It was usually either a R&R for navy (English/Americian and any passing vessels incl Singaporeans) or a weekend getaway for Bangkok locals. Many thais actually have their 2nd wives there!

It is interesting to see the developement from a semi-sleepy town to a major tourist city now. Also some of the 'fuck' industry has also developed from gals trying to make a living and struggling to get on to now hardcore gals who make even some of our salaries look like a joke to them! Some better off and smarter gals make more than 50,000 baht a month!
I 1st landed in Pattaya in mid 80s......funny thing I was intro to Thai culture via PTTY instead of BKK or HDY.....back then no tourists as it was too sleazy.....you get those foreign navy......yellow skin like us out of demand when the ships come into town......lucky me i cheong with the US stationed there. it was a party town only coming alive in the late evenings.....Jomtiem was a ghost town unlike now.....brings back memories