View Single Post
Old 14-11-2020, 10:43 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2531 / Power: 6
SerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond repute
Talking The Lonely Housewife - Phase 2 Re-opening Adventures

I started noticing Maggi during the Circuit Breaker period. She was always posting questions in the Group Chat - How to do this? How to do that?

"Your husband not at home meh? Ask your husband lah!" I finally teased.

No reply.

I waited.

Then some other neighbor posted some grievances and the cycle of 'questions and answers' started pouring in. Yet Maggi didn't reply to my message. Neither did she post any other message after that.

Sensing that I might have struck a nerve, I quickly deleted the message and joined in the banter, pretending nothing had happened.

Privately, I messaged her, "Hey! I'm sorry. My statement was really insensitive."

Still no reply.

I clicked on her profile pic and enlarged it. It was a photograph of her with her son. Maggi looked like a young mother, probably in her twenties. I wonder how come I never noticed such a MILF staying in the same neighborhood as me?

I felt stupid staring at the phone, just waiting for words to appear.

But as I was about to give up I saw the words, "Maggi is typing..."

My eyes lit up, glued to my handphone screen, I waited for her reply.

After an eternity, the words appeared, "It's ok. Nevermind."

Sensing an 'opening', I tried my luck.

"Regarding your question, if you don't mind, I can come over and take a look." I offered, "I might not be a washing machine repair man but I might be able help?"

"It's ok. My husband is at home. Not convenient." she replied.

"I'm sorry." those were the only words I could muster.

The phone went silent again and my mind flew into a frenzy of thoughts. Had her husband caught her texting? Was she angry with me? Her washing machine spoilt - how is she going to do the laundry?

My mind started to wonder...... What laundry was stuck in her washing machine? Since it was a front loader, would she wash her delicates inside it? I wonder what kind of underwear she wears?

My mind started to wonder as I wasted my time letting my mind wonder.

Then I saw my favorite words during Circuit Breaker, "Maggi is typing..."

Some of my threads/posts may be a work of fiction
so names, places, incidents, etc. could have been imagined or used in a fictitious manner
Any resemblance to actual persons (living or dead) / events is purely coincidental
Images used are for illustrative purposes only

Last edited by SerflySGR; 19-11-2020 at 01:42 PM.