View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 01:38 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 776 / Power: 19
KatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to behold
Students opt to expel the unborn

Report from The New Straits Times dated Friday 10 February 2006 :-

Students opt to expel the unborn

AN average of 90 women go for illegal abortions each month, and about 40% of them are undergraduates, China Press reported.

Quoting sources, the paper said these young women opted for illegal abortions, as they were worried about being expelled from their universities if they were found to be pregnant.

However, some of these students regarded abortions as perfectly normal and did not feel guilty killing their own babies. Some of them have had more than one abortion.

A 22-year-old undergraduate interviewed by the paper confessed that she had gone through two abortions.

Zula (not her real name) nearly went for a third operation last October.

“I wanted an abortion when I was pregnant for the third time, even though the doctor said it would be dangerous. My baby was already four months old then.

“At the time I thought giving birth to the baby would shame me, but the doctor gave me a week to consider my decision,” she said.

She changed her mind after that and agreed to keep the baby.

Determined this time to give birth, Zula has learnt to deal with people’s perceptions of her under the guidance of experienced counsellors.