Thread: Condom slippage
View Single Post
Old 16-11-2019, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Condom slippage

the main difference between the 3rd gen test and the 4thgen test is that the 3rd gen only testes for the HIV antibodies.....whereas the 4th gen test for both the antibodies and p24 antigens( which are detectable earlier than the antibodies)....hence the window period for 4th gen is much shorter at 21-28 days....

for 3rd gen... it is advisable to do it at 1.5 to 3 month as most people will have detectable antibodies within 4-12 weeks of infection.... however i reckon because yours isnt a clear cut high risk case.... so that was why the doc 2 months is enough ... do another one at the 3 months mark if it give you a peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstallGentoo View Post
Hey I just did my HIV test at DSC and was tested negative. Told the Dr that my last encounter was 2 months ago and so they did a 3rd gen test on me. I'm just a bit concern if the 3rd gen test is suitable for me at this moment because I have not past the 90 days mark yet.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here