View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 895 / Power: 23
PuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to behold
Kunming - China - Con Job

Dear Brother,

Please allow me to post another simple FR of my humble encounters in Kunming.

Yesterday, I have rented a taxi and went for a tour of Kunming. I have asked the Chongqing girl whom I met the other days (see several threads above) to go together. We went to a temple, Dian Zhi (To cross the Dragon Gate) at a rather high attitude and hence very cold. Zoo (why did I go there?) and Jing Dian (Golden Palace). It is the last one that I wish to talk about to warn brothers here.

We went to the Golden Palace (or Jing Dian), which was built for Wu Shan Gui, the Chinese General who helped the Qing Army to occupy China. It was a nice place with nice garden. We arrived at a Daoist Temple (Shan Qing Guan), and went in. Near the entrance, a girl asked us to use but 10 1-cent coins, and tried to throw it into a "lucky entrance" (a hole shaped like an opened mouth of a fish) which is at the bottom of a clear water basin. Then, we could proceed into the main hall, and tell a taoist Di Zhi how many coins we have managed to drop in to the lucky entrance. The guy would then tell us our luck for the year. It would be free (This is where we have to be-careful). I did that and found myself in front of the Taoist Di Zhi. He said a lot of good things about my fortune, dotted with some lightly not-so-good one to make it more realistic. Later, he told me about my bad luck and all, and contiinued by saying that I was lucky as there would be ceremony and I could be blessed. He then stood up and lead me to the altar. I got alarmed and asked him how Rmuch would it cost. He said that would cost me RMB 599. Wow... See, brothers, this is the trick. I of course declined, and he tried his best to pursuade me. When I insisted to turn down, he said that bad lucks will fall on me and all. I walked off without turning back.

This is not the first time that I have seen this trick in action in China. So brothers, if you ever encounter the same situation, be careful.

Sorry that this is not related to sexual encounter, but I though it will be good to share with you all for a change.

My $14.89 worth.

PuTonRen aka UFO_Man