View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2693 / Power: 16
SEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond repute
God Bless Thailand

I have been following the events in Thailand avidly and with great sadness. To me, the killing of another human being, anywhere, anytime, and for whatever reason, can NEVER be justified.

I have always postulated that government is just a necessary evil, but that there are degrees of evil.

I have also always opined that ANY form of government (or religion for that matter) each have its own noble ideals and merits. It is who actually leads such government / religion that makes ALL the difference.

We all see how different types of government can be great and also disastrous in another country / context. And even governments that WERE great, degenerating into a black morass as its relevance fades when the leader fails to keep up with the times.

One individual of resolve and intellect, guided by a pure heart and an unwavering belief of his ideals can and do prevail. But history has shown that for every Gandhi or Mandella there are multiple Pol Pots, Hitlers etc.

Sad, truly sad! I weep for Thailand and really do hope / pray that there will emerge somebody who can lead it out from the horrible state that it has suffered under for too long.

God bless!

SEAJ