View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 02:17 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1388 / Power: 21
imom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud of
Re: Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

Torrential rainy weather, a completely different first 11, new formation and Matic playing centre back...

1-1 is creditable, for a team that has never started a game together, especially with some younger boys and in a new formation. Had it been a dry night, I think they would have turned some of the good situations they had into goals. Could see many first touches that were just a tad too heavy for the slick pitch. That said, I think Young Boys might have made better use of their chances as well, and it might well have been like a 3-3 or 4-4.

Van De Beek was everywhere in the first half. Even had a cool dribble a few yards away from his goal to get the defence out of trouble. Too bad he (and the whole team really) faded after 30mins (again!), but this will be the story for a few matches while they adjust to Rangnick's gegenpressing.

Teden Mengi showed good reading of the game and his recovery from slipping over to making a goal-saving tackle was the highlight. No wonder Rooney rates him highly.

Greenwood's strike was quite the volley.... just wow! The ball was behind him and he managed to strike it so cleanly and through a tight opening.

Elanga was wasteful on the night, as was Amad to a lesser extent. Good experience for the boys I guess.

UCL group stage done and dusted, we will find out Tuesday morning who we face in the knockout stages. They can't play English opposition or their group opponents till quarter finals, so that at least rules out Chelsea and Villarreal/Atalanta. Potential opponents are Paris Saint-Germain (Ronaldo vs Messi?), Sporting CP, Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan, Benfica, RB Salzburg...

But, that's not till Feb and attention will be back to the Premier League for a couple of months then.

Schrodinger's Cat - A girl's skills are both good and bad until one makes an observation. Then she becomes either 'good' or 'bad'. The observation thus determines the result