View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 08:39 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcss000 View Post
I benefited so so very much from this thread that i must write my first time experience down. Hopefully will get first timers started. Special thanks to all the seniors here who shared their stories and experiences and ideas. Couldnt have done it without u all!
A brave and intelligent man you are after reading your FR.

Brave as in you have the ballz to try a new place solo.

Intelligent as in you know when to withdraw yourself when things (pricing) don't seems right and knowing when to move in for the 'kill'.

Quote:
I went for my FIRST batam trip by myself (solo) after reading up what the seniors have written here. 2d1n, just to get a feel. All in all, first timer flying solo can definitely try batam. Small place, relatively cheap (even kenna carrot also not wont cost u an arm and leg) near to SG, and so many Singaporeans around there lol.
You stayed in Da Vienna Hotel,if you were to be lazy enough yet isn't as wise and were to blindly tried Vienna Spa,one of your leg or arm would most probably be gone,hehehe...(if you approach that place w/o doing some homework)

I stayed there quite a few times too.

Quote:
First timer take note. Batam is quite a run down city. The city being the city in general, not referring to any particular place. Ill discuss in more details on individual places i visited. If u are looking for atas stuff, dont look there. By run down, i mean the city is .... "lok kok". (no offence hor) But the price to pay for being run down is ... CHEAP!! If u ask me, im willing to sacrifice atas-ness for what batam has to offer in cheapness.
From my perspective, appearance atas or not isn't important,whats important is if the 'inside' of it is atas,hehehe...I am more into cheap and good aka in your term, atas yet cheap.

Quote:
Hotel : i stayed in da vienna boutique hotel. The hotel is good! for all the "run down-ness" in batam city, the hotel is definitely not run down. It is really as good as what the various online reviews wrote.
In case no one knows, Da Vienna was one of my back up hotel. If you like Da Vienna,it could means you like those Majestic looking appearance hotel...in that case if you are in Batam the next time round,you may wish to try Pacific Palace or Harmoni Hotel.

There are many internally Majestic-looking hotels in Batam,why Pacific and Harmoni and not Grand I-Hotel,Nagoya Hotel or even Swiss Bel Harbour Bay or Planet Holiday Hotel...reason is simple, the price factor and its location to MOST cheonging places.

Quote:
Girls : i didnt get a booking girl as i wanted to explore the city as much as possible. So no booking girl joint experience to share.
Once you have an overnight booking girl, you are likely to feel "attached", hence restricting your movement. I usually leave my booking girl in my room for a couple of hours while I move around.

Quote:
Massage : i went to delta spa massage. 600k package including hj. The joint is also VERY nice. U wont believe the inside is so nice by the look of the outside. Girl is so so. Personally i find it a bit not worth it.... Maybe the girl not chio enough?
Girls do age. The place been in batam for a while.

Its becoming like Yun Nan hair salon after a while where 99% of their targets were foreigners.

Quote:
Massage (clean type) : i popped into "indothai" and ran out when i see the price list. 300k and up. Disclamer: I am a cheapo. lol. Then i went to a roadside shophouse massage. Simple deco, cant compare to delta spa, clean rooms (no dirty wear and tear marks etc), hall with curtain partition. 80k per hour HAHAHA. 120k two hours. Wow. Pressed until i song song.
Hmm...why run away? When you ran away, you don't get info. Talk to the receptionist or anyone who is in charge there, check for discount. Usually at a certain hour during weekdays, they may have some discount.

Road side massage the ambiance inside the room usually not so good as those in Indo Thai,plus the massage quality not there. Be greedy a bit next time, pay low low price but look for Indo Thai similar standard of room and massage quality... hehehe...the best of both world.

Quote:
Food : the dish i had the most in batam is a&w root beer float. My favourite. I find it even better the malaysia one. Their spicy fried chicken also v delicious! Ate some ramli styled burger. Nothing to shout about. Ate some roadside stall anyhow order food. (i dont even know the name of what i ordered, just point to opposite table) tasty but give me slight stomach ache.
I am a lazy man,i want like to be serve like a King, if I am in your shoe, i will dial if I am looking for fast food. They deliver your order right to my room doorstep,hehehe...

Just google A&W delivery in Batam,hehehe...

Quote:
Shopping : their groceries are cheaper then SG. (no surprises here) Im not a fan of the rest of what the vendors sell in nagoya hill mall. (clothes ect) Lots of cheong branded bags around.
Try BCS mall ,then DC Mall and later Nagoya City Walk Mall the next time. So you know what they have to offer and at the same time make a price comparison the next time you visit Batam again.

Quote:
I found a vape shop (electric cigarette) somewhere in one of the shop houses opposite nagoya hill. Friendly boss. Good for vapers who can stock up some essential items before heading back home.
Not so sure on this one, but if you planning to bring it back to Singapore, do be extra careful tho. I don't think its legal and Sillypore custom is fond of looking for such stuffs.

Quote:
All in all, a good experience for me. Nice place, cheap price, highly accessible! I'll definitely be back, i promise.
Good to hear that,and may your next trip to Batam be even better than this one.

Cheers!

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info