View Single Post
Old 23-03-2019, 05:56 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by miumiu6464 View Post
Really like to read your input in this area, as although I'm staying in Indonesia now, having to travel back to Sg every few months is a chore that I can do without.
I am actually not so sure about that yet, which is why i pick Batam as my "final destination". So that in the event of an emergency, i could still utilize the short distance to reach Singapore for their medication facilities. 5 years ago, i have a choice, Thailand Bangkok or Indonesia Batam (Thailand actually has good medical facilities).

In the end, i picked Batam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman007 View Post
If you follow his post, you'll notice that he's looking into buying condo and planning to move over once he is comfortable.....he plan and move step by step according to his financial planning and I'm sure he will be able to make it and let those "Talented Foreigners" swop our position...
Foreword, i said in my perspective, Singapore is hell for me (past 5 years and present). I dont hate the country where my parents give birth to me, just that my life is hell in it. Other bro's life in my home country could be heaven,that i arent sure but i only speak for myself and i only represent myself, which is why the word "my perspective" comes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman007 View Post
...and rent our HDB to pay for our overseas living expenses while we enjoy our "heaven" in foreign land
Hehehe...was planning to buy a few units in Batam but i am starting from scratch when it comes to understanding the property market in Indonesia Batam,hence i am learning as i go along. Its a learning process and i am recording it down.

Why buy few units? Hehehe...i could perhaps rent some of them to like-minded bros in Batam who might feel Singapore is like hell (again,in their own perspective/s) when it comes to retirement. They could rent their HDB flat out as retirement fund and then comes over to Batam to rent a studio unit from me as a price of about Singapore half-a-bedroom price (probably S$250 to S$300?) At least those like-minded bros can come "play chess" together at the Batam apartment void deck (together with their babes),hehehe..isnt that something fun?

Retirement is not about doing nothing ,stay at home shake leg (i read that from somewhere by SBF boss, Sam Leong),its more about doing something i enjoyed doing...and hopefully can earn some money out of it to help with my daily expenses etc.

Most importantly, i have enjoyed myself thoroughly in Batam.

Moving a small step a time, i believe as long as i do not give up, i will be able to succeed in my own gameplay eventually,hehehe....my growth in Batam is recorded in the forum itself which i no longer have rights to amend or delete anymore,hence it becomes a piece of history over time (so long SBF dont close down,hehehe..anyway i have back ups. ).

Its my life afterall...

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info