View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 10:18 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 14188 / Power: 14
kopigaogao has a reputation beyond reputekopigaogao has a reputation beyond reputekopigaogao has a reputation beyond reputekopigaogao has a reputation beyond reputekopigaogao has a reputation beyond reputekopigaogao has a reputation beyond reputekopigaogao has a reputation beyond reputekopigaogao has a reputation beyond reputekopigaogao has a reputation beyond reputekopigaogao has a reputation beyond reputekopigaogao has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In my mid 30s, no gf, no friends, stuck in hdb with mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherC View Post
There are many sites like Gumtree, or Locanto that you can use. Take nice pictures make it look bright and airy.

My renovation cost was very low I picked one which was renovated not too long ago just tweaked a bit with painting and minor works. Go with neutral colors with a bit of warmth.

I stayed with my tenants before. Best to rent to guys, trust me it will be less of a hassle.

Renting is not free money but a great source of side income, you won’t get perfect tenants if you are a lousy landlord.

Just abide by the principle “ Treat others as how you would like to be treated”
Good advice!

It's a skill to be a good landlord and u pick up handyman skills like painting, own repairs, cleaning the house and washing your own clothes and cooking skills. It's all about patience and your attitudes!

Learn to be independent, show your mum you can stay alone and you might earn her respect and improve mother-son relationships!

If you are willing to pay commission, there will always be property agents around to help you rent out your rooms! So no worries about unable to rent out rooms...

Talk to HDB officer or Property agent for your budgeting your next flat purchase. I think you have more than enough to buy a 3-room flat with all the government grants like proximity grants, poor man's grants can be up to $50K depending your income