View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 01:28 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 612 / Power: 10
Notary is a name known to allNotary is a name known to allNotary is a name known to allNotary is a name known to allNotary is a name known to allNotary is a name known to all
Re: The Dice Game (吹牛) - Get Your Girl Drunk & Avoid Getting Drunk!

Advanced Strategy #4
Reverse Lying Spirit

This strategy capitalises on the reversal (+2 or +3) option in Liar's Dice. Add 2 more to the previously called amount and you stand a chance to return the bid status to the previous caller. Add 3 more to the previously called amount and you can pass the bid to any player on the ground.

Generally, when you reverse, it messes the mind of most players as the direction changes all of a sudden. When you confidently reverse with a lie, you don't usually get called bluff as a reverser plays with an increased minimum bid amount which indicates some form of courage. However, you should only lie and do a reversal if the bided amount is small. For example, if I shuffled a 5,5,5,6,2 in a four player game and my up line called 6 Sixes, I would call 8 Fours and return the bid to her. If she bites the bait, I'll call bluff or I could also apply The Great Escape (Advanced Strategy #3) strategy and allow the bid to increase above the 50th percentile and see how it goes from there.

You need to study your enemies, some people like to kill those who reverse all the time as it gives them the kick and glory. If you have such people playing together, you might want to forego this strategy. In Liar's Dice, you want to avoid being in the spotlight if you want to avoid being penalised all the time.