View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 09:39 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 11701 / Power: 22
nitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
In the case of Batam, due to their dis-organisation, not many can tell apart mafia taxis over online taxis. Which is why i read news in Indonesia that mafia taxi driver/tout often mistaken private car drivers as online taxi. They end up getting into some trouble.

(news of this Indo guy going to airport to pick up his family from airport but due to mistakenly taken as online taxi, has gotten his car flip over)

https://coconuts.co/jakarta/news/wat...g-online-taxi/

So, this goes to say that even the taxi touts couldnt 100% tells if a vehicle is an online taxi or not,hehehe...
Thanks for the clarification. All along i am aware Grab driver can only drop off but not pick up pax at HB terminal. Tats why i was wondering whether they would take the challenge or risks to pick up pax. But not really worth it. His life and car at stake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
Before the entry of Grab/Uber/Gocar, i use :

1st few years : I hire a full day taxi, that covers me for 2D1N at 250k/300k rupiah.

Next few years : i use hotel taxi shuttle, which is often FREE

Today, i continue to use hotel taxis but i wouldnt mind paying 30k rupiah at Harbour Bay to go to anywhere within Nagoya area. From Ferry Terminal to Hotel, if i can only make one choice between :

1. Online Taxi (Bluebird and Silver Cab included)

2. Conventional taxi

3. Hotel Taxi

I pick number 3, hotel taxi anytime,hehehe...
I and my friends had very bad experience with those fuckers taxi drivers. Bad experience over at Tg Pinang and the old Batam Ampar. Like hooligans! Cheaters and crooks. I know they are trying to earn a living. But the way they doing business they are only scaring away tamus. But those encounters were many years back. Early last year encountered another experience with the taxi. It was raining and certain part of the road were flooded. But vehicles can still move slowly. I paid 30K for the trip to Penuin. Half way CB told me need to take separate route to avoid the flood. Told me to top up 20K. I mean i cant possibly say no and it was still raining. Tats why i never trust those taxi drivers at all. To each its own. Now tat they have grab and i will just bok them when going back to HB.

===============

Q-LIST IS CLOSED. DO NOT UPZ ME

Thank you

Last edited by nitecrawllerr; 11-09-2019 at 10:33 PM.