View Single Post
Old 14-07-2019, 05:41 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3374 / Power: 19
Marq has a reputation beyond reputeMarq has a reputation beyond reputeMarq has a reputation beyond reputeMarq has a reputation beyond reputeMarq has a reputation beyond reputeMarq has a reputation beyond reputeMarq has a reputation beyond reputeMarq has a reputation beyond reputeMarq has a reputation beyond reputeMarq has a reputation beyond reputeMarq has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need real legal advise: do i need to pay my ex-wife maintance if we do not kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgenre View Post
Is the marriage unbearable? Do you have someone else that you want to marry? The law is the law. You have to pay until she is re-married. Although I was told if she is earning more than you, she may have to pay you some money instead. I heard of a guy who went to jail because he lost his job and is unable to pay the monthly alimony.

If there are not much quarrels and if you have no one else, it is cheaper to stay married unhappily than to be a divorcee. Both of you can lead separate lives without irritating one another. No kids involved after all. Think of the monthly amount you can save.

You just tell her status quo for now. Tell her you do not want her to end up as a divorcee because society likes to judge ladies who are divorced poorly. All those gossip.. you care and wish to spare her from it. If she finds someone else she wants to marry, then you divorce on good terms in the fastest manner. In this way, she will not remain single for long even if there is a divorce. Because she has someone she wishes to marry mah. This means even if you need to pay alimony also won't pay for too long. In the meantime, you also have licence to date around with your monthly savings from paying alimony.
Just one thing to keep in mind if want to stay married on paper.

A divorce is not an immediate process, especially a contested one. So if you live separate life and have your own partners, and one day decide to get married to your new partner, it cannot happen immediately