The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Adult Discussions about SEX

Notices

Adult Discussions about SEX Misc chit chat about sex, whores, girls, love and lust. This section is a ZAP FREE zone.

User Tag List

Old 18-12-2019, 01:38 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
Halm79 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: The house in Bukit Timah

camping for more
Old 18-12-2019, 01:57 PM
Samster (A)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4089 / Power: 15
ilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond repute

When Declan finally got up, he went over to my boss and they had a short chat. I could not hear what was exchanged but he looked visibly relieved after the conversation.

He kept thanking Declan over and over as he walked him out of the nursery.

Keng : Thank you…. Thank you Declan…. Thank you.. I will never forget your help…. Thank you….

I shook my head at the mess those assholes left in the middle of the nursery as I picked up the broom and dustpan.

Jackson : Boss… you should have called the police….

Keng : Don’t talk nonsense… you don’t know who they are….

Jackson: They’re fucking gangsters…. Look at what they did…. Who’s going to pay for all of these….

I swept the broken pieces up and shook my head at the damaged plants.

Keng came over to help but I told him it’s ok, I can take care of it.

Jackson : this place is your life’s work…. They should all be arrested….

He bent down and tapped my shoulder gently.

Keng : Jackson …. I no longer own this place… since a year or so ago…

Jackson : what ?

I looked at my boss in surprise. What he says don’t make sense.

Keng : I own this place in name, but we fell on hard times a couple of years ago….Declan …. Bought and finance the day to day operations…..

Jackson : what…. But ….

Keng : The amount we make…. Is barely enough to make ends meet….and…. my son….he wanted to go study in Australia…. The… the financial strain is… i… I had to take a loan for his fees and accommodation…. And…

Jackson : I’m sorry… I didn’t know… I just assume all is fine…. Your plants are selling….i mean… things are moving….

Keng : How much can we make selling pots of mints and herbs… ? The competition is intense…. Only festive periods are better…..There’s also the workers’ levy, their dormitory fees…. Maintaining a business is not easy…… I’m also running on credit with our suppliers…. Sigh…. Sometimes I just feel so tired… it’s as if I’m struggling to pay the bills…..

Well, I wanted to say that maybe if his son is not spending a fortune enjoying himself in Melbourne, he would not be in such a state but who am I to comment.

It’s his decision.

I just thought perhaps the son should have been a bit more aware of the family’s financial constraints.

Jackson : Ok la… ok la…. don’t worry…. I’ll go fix their garden…I doubt they can appreciate the plants though….

Keng : hahaha…. I owe you one Jackson…. Don’t worry… I’ll keep your position here for you when you get back….i promise….

Jackson : How big is their garden… ? I will probably take what…. A couple of months ? …. Max… ? …

Keng : I don’t know…. you’ll have to go take a look and find out….

I finished up my work for that day and headed back home.

Looking at Declan’s name card, I realised I don’t know the address of where I was supposed to go the next day.

I dialled Declan and he answered within 3 rings.

Declan : Housekeeping…..

Jackson : errm…. This is Jackson…. I’m the gardener….

Declan : oh hi….what can I do for you Jackson…

Jackson : I need to know the address of where to go …..where is the property…. ?

Declan : Ahhh…. I shall text you in a minute….

Jackson : ok…

Declan : Another thing, I don’t believe we discussed remuneration….and staff benefits….let’s do that tomorrow shall we…. ?

Jackson : ok sure….

I hung up and waited for the address to come in.

Why did he answer with ‘housekeeping’ ?

Is he a housekeeper ?

I bet he’s going to lowball the hell out of my pay with either Seven or Hong standing around him.

Who knows, maybe he might get them to perform some more of their acrobatic stunts, breaking shit with their head as we talk about my pay.

With the odd jobs I’m doing on the side, I’m getting almost 2800 a month easily. On a good month I could get 3500, especially if the owners are happy with my services, including the gardening work of course.

There’s no way I’m going to accept anything lower than 2800 unless my life is in danger.

Maybe I got to factor in an additional 100 for petrol since it’s so far from where I stay.

Ang Mo Kio is not exactly near to Bukit Timah.

My phone vibrated and I looked at the road name.

Binjai hill.

What kind of place is that.

I keyed in the location in google map and was brought to the neighbourhood of bukit timah.

There is a secondary road along Binjai Park.

The property is located right at the top of the hill. It’s really in the middle of nowhere.

I mentally thought of the road I would need to take to work and plotted out the shortest route in my head.

I started surfing around for nearby coffeeshops or foodcourts and was horrified to see that the nearest hawker center is fucking far away. I would need to waste petrol to drive out just for lunch.
I mean come on, I’m just a general worker. I need my tea break, coffee, I need to eat my lunch. Working in such a isolated place, I can’t imagine having to drive all the way out, find a place to park, quickly wolf down my food and drive myself all the way back.

Unlike other landscaping jobs for horny stay at home wives, I doubt I would have the luxury of getting to enjoy a dip in the pool, or maybe an hour or two in the airconditioned interior of the house.

From the looks of things, I doubt anyone at this place would enthusiastically offer me tea or a drink while watching me sweat in the middle of the day.

I can’t make out how big the property is from the map and what is the extent of green space I need to fix. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow.

I shut my laptop and went to bed.

I don’t frequent the neighbourhood over there and I don’t know if there will be a jam in the morning.

It’s not my style to be late for work, and definitely not so if I’m working for people like Declan and his associates as he calls them.

16th December 2014

7.30am

I left my place in Ang Mo Kio and made the drive towards my new workplace.

Traffic is a little heavy but it’s moving.

There’s a slight drizzle and I could see lightning in the distance.
Not a good sign for 1st day of work.

Declan never said what time I needed to be at work so I assumed 9am as the standard.

I got to Bukit Timah at 8.10am and decided to take a drive around the neighbourhood.
The main roads are busy but once I turn into the residential area, it’s like entering another world. The skies started to clear and I could see the crown of the taller trees swaying gently in the breeze.

Matured trees stood tall and imposing along the side of the narrow road looking out of place with the manicured ones behind the walls of the houses I pass by.

Rows of neatly pruned frangipani with purple flowers changed abruptly to a thick row of bamboo rustling in the morning breeze. I could catch a glimpse of the houses behind the trees and landscaping, it’s beautiful.

From modern houses with flat roof and large glass facades, to the traditional pitch roof with the signature red tiles, every one of the houses there had a character of it’s own.

Some of the gardens looked like it need a bit of work. Who knows, if I do a good job, I could use it as a portfolio to enter this neighbourhood.

I even passed by a large house with it’s own security gazebo.
The Gurkhas on duty locked eyes with me as I drove pass slowly, their fingers never far away from the trigger of their weapon.

Probably some minister staying there or something.

I continued driving as I head deeper into the large private estate.

I could hear the roar of a super car engine as it went by my beat up Kia.

Jackson : woah…..

I could literally feel my small car vibrate as we pass each other.

I slowed down when I got to the small road leading up to the address on the namecard Declan gave me.

I could see the road sign indicating that it’s a dead end once I turn up that road.

I made a left turn but my car barely went 5 metres in when a large black SUV drove out and blocked the entire road.

I stopped and waited, thinking that driver must be on his way out or something.

I waited for him to move but it remained there.

I sounded the horn, feeling a little irritated.

Yes I know you are rich, but that road is still public property man.

No one came out of the car and I looked around, there’s no alternative road up to the top of the hill.

It’s the only way in.

I sighed and got out of my car and walked towards that large vehicle. I was about to knock on the tinted windows when it rolled down.

Staring at me from inside the vehicle was Kamal.

One of Declan’s so call associates.

Kamal : OEI !!!

I decided to increase the distance between Kamal and me as I asked if he could shift his vehicle.

Jackson : I’m heading up to look for Declan….

Kamal : I know !!... I’m suppose to bring you to him ….

Jackson : oh….

Kamal looked like he just woke up. His curly hair is all puffy and unkept.
I could see old scars of what looked like needles marks on his arms as he rest them on what’s left of the rolled down window.

Some of his tattoos were faded, there is an incomplete drawing of a spider on his left forearm. I can’t tell how old or young is Kamal. He’s definitely not a young punk but he don’t strike me as old as well. Probably in the late thirties range.

He had a gold chain around his neck. It’s pretty thick, there’s something hanging at the end of the chain.

Kamal saw me looking at it and he stuff it deeper into his t-shirt.

Kamal : park your car there….. you cannot drive in….

He wound up his window and I looked over to the direction he was pointing.

Jackson : I need my tools…. Some of my gardening stuff are in my trunk….

Kamal : You will get them later… not now….

The gate to the first property on my left opened up automatically.

I drove in and parked on the large porch that could comfortably fit at least 5 vehicles. When I got out of the car, I saw a few men stepping out from the house.
They definitely don’t fit the demographic of the people I was expecting to stay in a property like this in such a neighbourhood.
Old 18-12-2019, 01:59 PM
Samster (A)

ilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond repute

The 4 men looked at me with the same kind of stares that is guaranteed to start a fight.

One of them was about to ask who the fuck I was when Kamal whistled across the open space and gave them a wave. The 4 men stepped back into the air conditioned interior of the house without a word.

I looked away and over to Kamal who is now pointing aggressively at one other man near his car who looked like he did something wrong.

His head was bowed and he nodded quietly as Kamal let loose a string of expletives. I could make out the last sentence as I went closer.

Kamal : wake the fuck up…. Or you can fuck off…..

The man apologised several times and scurried away into the house while Kamal gestured for me to follow him.

I walked over to the car blocking the driveway expecting to get in but Kamal shouted at me.

Kamal : OEI !!!! over here !! not that car !!

I walked over to Kamal who was standing at the entrance to the 2nd property up the hill. I’m beginning to wonder if shouting and speaking loudly is part of the job requirement.

Looking inside I saw 5 golf buggy parked neatly side by side.

Kamal got into one and gestured me to get in.

I turned and look all around me.

The houses are all different, built in different styles by different architects. They have their own numberings, letter boxes and even utilities meter.

Something doesn’t fit.

I got into the buggy beside Kamal and he started to drive, leaving the SUV blocking off the entire road leading up the Binjai Hill road. It’s as if he owned the whole fucking road.

As we drove along the tree lined road, I quietly observed every property we pass by on our way up.

Instead of seeing helpers washing cars, rich owners walking their dogs and talking to their neighbours, I saw instead a gathering of men.

A lot of men, scattered throughout the sprawling grounds.
In 1 particular property, I saw at least 8 men standing around smoking in the porch.

Suddenly I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand on it’s end when it became clear to me that whoever Declan worked for, she don’t just own the property at the top of the hill.

She owns the entire stretch of property from the bottom of the road, right up to the top of the hill.
All the men probably works for her.

Kamal stopped the buggy at a large black wrought iron gate that is at least 3m tall. Gold painted leaves and iron sculpted gargoyles adored the imposing gate. At the side of the gate , there’s a smaller entrance.

Hidden from view is a guardhouse that is almost the size of a badminton court.

Inside the guardhouse, a dozen screens flicker and change every few seconds and the men inside the guardhouse looked more serious and menacing that the ones at the bottom of the hill.
These are no grunts.

There’s even one of them piloting a drone that gives an overview of the whole neighbourhood.

All of them stood up and greeted Kamal, clearly he is someone to be respected.

Kamal : Empty your pockets….

Jackson : what… ?

Kamal said nothing and waited for me to remove my car keys, wallet and mobile phone.

I was surprised when I saw another guy checked me out with a metal detector.

What the fuck is this man ?

I’m here as a gardener, and I need to go through this ?

Kamal : your stuff will stay here…. You can collect them when you leave…

He grabbed my stuff, threw them into a locker, turned the lock and handed me the key before asking me to follow him.

As I left the guardhouse and entered the ground of the property I was suppose to work on, I was simply blown away by the sheer size of it.

I never knew a place like this existed on the island. It’s huge.
I could see a large house at the top of the slope but it was obvious that’s not where we are heading.

We got back into the buggy and Kamal drove me along a stone path around the circumference of the property grounds.

I counted at least 4 men that I could see stationed on the exterior of the property.

Like the guards at Istana, each of their post offered an unblock vantage view of the ground in front of them. They are no less equipped as well. A large beach umbrella provided shade while a portable fan stood on a customised shelf.

The shelf had bottles of water and at the bottom of it is a 50 litre fridge, similar to the ones in hotel rooms.

The men waved at Kamal who gave them a cursory nod as he drove with one hand.

The house itself is nothing to shout about. A seemingly normal 2 storey house with an attic. It’s definitely big. I could see some recent additions to the house as I turned the corner towards the back.

A stark contrast from the boring white walls and sloping roof, the back had a new wing. Sleek steel columns, double volume glass panels with thin black frames clad the exterior of the new structure.

There is small balcony with an assortment of hanging plants. I could see birds flirting in and out of that balcony, trying to get to the bird feeder hanging off a small fountain the size of a bowling ball.

I saw a squirrel taking a drink from the fountain before quickly scurrying up a nearby tree.

Above the new wing lies a large patio, stretching the entire length of the new addition.

It overlooks the back of house which essentially is a large piece green, stretching almost a football field in length before giving way to a thick screen of untouched forest.

Beyond the old trees, I could see a glimpse of the other properties beyond on another road.

Something tells me the owner might have bought those as well.

Kamal : here….. inside…. They are waiting….

I looked at the small structure in front of me.

It’s rectangle in shape with a flat roof that is overgrown with wild shrubs.
It’s small, maybe the size of 4 carpark lots arranged 2 by 2. It’s probably a storeroom or sort.
I could hear the hum of the compressor and noticed that the air con is new.

Surrounding the small structure, are several sad looking trees about 2m tall.
2 are dead for sure, I could tell it’s rotting.

There are also several large tree trunk in various state of decomposition on the ground. I could see fungi growing all over the side facing the sun.

It appears as if someone had wanted to use the trunks as outdoor seating or something. Those are going to be a bitch to get rid of.

Almost 2.5m in length and about 50cm thick, you’ll need a large excavator to drag it off the ground.

Kamal opened the door and I could immediately hear the din inside the small space.

Declan was trying to reason with Hong who was gesturing and grumbling while pointing at Seven.

Seven was chewing a sugar cane and pacing up and down the narrow width of the space.
When Kamal stepped in and announced my arrival, everyone quiet down.

Seven and Hong made way for me at the small table that will comfortably sit 4.

Declan : Morning !! Jackson… so glad you could join us…. Please… sit….

I felt my heart skip a beat when I hear the door close behind me.

Turning around, I saw Kamal leaning against the door.

Seven leapt onto a wooden bedframe with a mattress and sat with one leg up, balancing his elbow on his knee as he continued chewing the sugarcane.

Hong had a sling bag slightly bigger than a laptop bag slung across his huge body and he went to stand behind Declan.

Ok, calm down. I prepared for this.

I mentally rehearsed this.

This is the part we are going to talk about remuneration.

They are going to lowball the hell out of me and I know the perfect counter.

It’s not about the absolute dollar amount you pay, it’s about the value you get.

That’s not bullshit. There is value in my skills.

Declan :alright Jackson…. Before we start … can we look at your hands….

Jackson : what…. ?

Hong : SHOW US YOUR HAND !!!

I leaned back on the wooden chair and flipped my palms upwards.

Jackson : You trying to see if our fortunes match ?? you need my birth hour and dates as well ???

Seven : hahaha.. ahahhaha.. hahahah….

That was the first time I heard Seven laugh. His laugh came off a bit weird, sounded mechanical at times.

Declan : no.. no.. nothing of the sort… just want to be sure….

Declan looked at my hands with delight before Hong asked me to strip.

Jackson : what the fuck…. I don’t do guys….

Hong : fuck you la…. I also don’t do guys….

Declan : Jackson please…. I assure you… there is very good reason for this….

Jackson : and what is it…. ?

Declan, sensing my resistance, changed tack immediately.

Declan : how about we talk about your pay first……

Jackson : alright… that’s important….

Declan clasped his hands together and I quickly made the first move.

There is always the first mover advantage. I’m going to go high, they will counter offer lower, and I would counter again, this process repeats until we come to a sum we are all comfortable with.

Jackson : I’m looking at 3.5k …..i’m already doing around this amount monthly at my old place especially with the landscaping jobs on the side…..plus… now that I need to work here full time… I will be missing out on opportunities…. The distance I need to travel to work is also significantly longer and further…. As such… I believe a reasonable compensation relative to my fuel cost is justified.

I got it all out in one breath and waited for Declan to reply me.

He will ask for something lower definitely, then we will negotiate. If he’s good, he will go 2.8, I will go 3.4, he goes 2.9, and I’ll suggest we shake hands on 3.2. He’ll definitely want to win though, so I’ll accept his offer of 3.1. I could already see it panning out in my head.

I hardly breathe as Declan nodded a couple of times while I tried to appear calm.

Jackson : errm…. So…. Ok ? you serious ?? … 3.5 k ?

I almost wanted to jump for joy when i saw him nod.

3.5k a month to do gardening work, something I enjoy, where to find this kind of a deal ?

Declan leaned back all of a sudden and shook his head.

Fuck.

I knew it.

Declan : I’ll offer 5k…. if you take off your clothes for a quick inspection….. no touching….

Jackson : what ?

I looked at the men in the room, they didn’t look like they are joking.

What the fuck have I got myself into ? I must have walked into some gay den or some shit. Maybe they want pictures of my cock to blackmail me.

Maybe all they wanted was to rape me all along.
Old 18-12-2019, 02:00 PM
Samster (A)

My eyes drifted to the sugar cane Seven was chewing and I thought about how badly the fibres would hurt.

Hong : OEI !!!

Jackson : what…ok…ok….

5k is a lot of money. With that I can probably persuade my grandfather back to get a checkup or something. If I do this for 6 months, 30k, I limit my expenses, I can bring him to a specialist at a private hospital.

Jackson : fine…. Whatever….

It’s not as if I have never been naked around men before.

I removed all my clothing, striping to my underwear.

Hong and Kamal checked me from head to toe.
They even asked me to pry open the space in between my toes.

It finally dawned on me what they are looking for.

Needles holes. They wanted to know if I’ve taken drugs before.

When Declan asked for me to remove my underwear, I did so without complain and after a quick inspection, he gestured for me to get dress.

Declan : I’m very sorry for having to do that but we just want to be sure….

Jackson : that I don’t take drugs… ?

Declan smiled.

He told me he already did a check with Keng about the kind of person I am. The reason why they are interested in me is because of their boss.

Jackson : Your boss ?

Declan : well… you see… after the first few gardeners….ermm…. inability to perform….she set some pretty strict rules on the new one we are to get….

Aside from not having a history of drugs, she wanted someone with no criminal records, someone who doesn’t smoke, someone educated, works independently and with no history of violence or gang affiliation.

He has to be local, good with landscaping and works alone. By working alone, he meant everything from buying, delivering right down to digging the hole for the plants to go into and working with fertilisers.

At no point are these works to be outsourced or given to another contractor.

Declan : so you can imagine how hard it is to find someone like that…… i’ve gone to so many landscape nursery looking for someone suitable …….so I hope you would forgive me if we seemed too…. Ermm…. Overly eager….

Jackson : errmm… I see….

Declan : I know you don’t smoke…. Keng says you are never one to touch drugs…. And so…. Here we are…. You are a god sent…. Hhahaha.. hahaha…

Hong : hahah.. hahaha… Boss lost her bet… ahha…

Declan shot Hong a look and he shut up immediately.

Something about a bet.

Their boss must be thinking it’s near impossible to find someone with the kind of requirements she gave.

I nodded while looking around the room uncomfortably.

Declan : ok…. Back to the money…..the offer is 5k a month….working hours is as and when you like…. But you need to get shit done …. Or a lot of people are going to be upset…. Especially Seven over there….anger management issues remember ??

Jackson : as and when I like… ? what… ?

Declan : You want to take weekends off ? …. Weekdays off…. Work 8 hours…. Work 10 hours… your choice…. As long as we get a garden that we can all be proud off….. if it rains, I can’t expect you to come also what…. For what ? pray for the rain to stop…. ? hahaha

Jackson : errr… ok… can we put it as ….ermm… 9 am to 6pm in the contract…. You know…. better to have it in black and white….

Hong : contract ??? what contract ?? our word…. Is our contract ???!!! you think we bluff you one ah !!!

Declan shot Hong a look and asked him to shut up.

Declan : contract… of course…. Of course…. Having things in black and white is good for everyone. …

Declan reached into his pocket trying to search for a pen and paper.
Kamal pulled out a old crumpled piece of paper which was the advertisement for a hotpot restaurant and pushed it to Declan together with a pen.

You got to be shitting me.

Declan asked what other employment terms I would like to have.

He started writing on the crumpled piece of paper.

Oh god, I’m going to get screwed so bad at this place seeing how things are going. A contract on the back of a piece of advertisement.

Jackson : What about medical …. ? ermm… sick leave …. And annual leave…. Can I claim for if I fall sick… ?

Declan : oh…. Sick ? no problem…. Dr Kamal can help you…

I turned around and my jaws almost dropped. This is definitely a joke.

Jackson : Dr….Kamal … ?

Declan : yes.. he’s our resident doctor…. Graduated from NUS…. Went on to UK to do his masters… he’s a qualified surgeon by the way…….but unfortunately…… got struck off the registrar….

I turned and looked at Kamal again.

He was squatting down, knees spread, his knee length denim stretched tight at the crotch area as he played with his mobile phone with his right hand, elbow resting on his knee.

Declan : he is a good doctor…. Believe me… he stitched me up before…. Look….

He went on to show me a scar at least 6 inches long on his forearm.

Jackson : hooohhhh…kay…..

Declan : ermmm.. annual leave……errr… what is the standard number of days now ?? ….

Jackson : errr…. I don’t know… would be nice if I get 14….

Declan : 14… ? take 21…. 21 just nice…

Hong : 28 la…. got number 8…. HUAT HUAT ( to prosper )

Declan : good idea…. 28….

28 days leave ? Who in the work gets 28 days leave in this country. I’m beginning to think this whole thing is a joke.

He went on to scribble it on the paper without waiting for my reply.

Jackson : what about CPF ? you will be contributing to my CPF account right… ? it’s the law….

Declan paused before turning to Hong.

Hong shrugged his shoulders.

Declan : tell you what… we’ll count the contribution portion…. And give you in cash.. then you put in on your own… how’s that… ?

Jackson : … err.. ok… I don’t mind…. Then what about the budget for doing up the garden…. Who do I pass the invoice to….? As in who approves the things and plants I need to get….

Declan : you of course…. You are the one that knows about plants….

Jackson :me … ? just me… ?

Declan : why not….

Jackson : errr… ok….

Declan : if you need money… get from Hong….he’ll hook you up….

Hong : I’ll give you your 1st month pay first… plus errmmm.. the CPF is what ar…how much….

Hong unzipped his bag and took out a stack of thousand dollar bills.
That lousy sling bag is packed full of money.

He counted 6 pieces before pushing them across the table.

Hong : enough ? is this enough ???

I could not believe what I was seeing.

He started counting another 10 pieces.

Hong : 10k enough to buy plants and stuff you need to start working or not ??? or you need more… ?

He pushed the mess of notes all over to me and I stared at the money while holding onto the side of my chair.

This is worrying.

Who the fuck walks around with stacks of thousand dollar bills in a faded sling bag across his chest ?

Declan : oh… we deal in cash only by the way…. I hope that is not a problem… I assure you… these are real notes…. Hahaha… sorry….. we’re a bit short on 100 dollar bills these days… and the 500s are pretty rare as it is….. I have 10 thousand dollar bills though but they are harder to break into small notes….

Jackson : what about 50s ?

Hong : you go bank ask them break for you !!!

Declan : Hong… please… I’m really going to go deaf one day…. Stop shouting by my ear….

Turning to me with a smile, he quickly added ;

Declan : And Jackson…..i need to remind you that…. Ermmm… how do I put this….. we are…errr… we trust you…. With money…. As you can see…. But…. Ermm……

Hong : He trying to say….. if you ever try to fuck with us…. Especially with money…. You is die….. YOU IS DIE….. understand …. I confirm…. You IS DIE…

Jackson : you mean ‘ you will die ? “ … got it…

Hong : No… I mean ‘ you IS die ‘

I nodded and told Hong not to go on.

He turned to Seven and asked him which part of ‘ you is die ‘ do I not get.

Jackson : I understand….. I understand… I got it…. I got it…. Thank you… ‘ I is die’….. confirm…. ‘ I is die ‘

It’s my fault, I should not have bothered to pick on his language skills.

Declan went on to say that the shed we are in is the store and rest area for me.

Declan : You can do it up if you like, you can put a bed, stay over…. It’s up to you…there’s a bathroom on the side over there…. A little cramp but it will do…. This…..

He gestured to the small cozy shed and added,

Declan : This is your lair…. Abode… studio …. if you prefer a nicer term… hahah….

I nodded.

Jackson : ok…. Thank you…

Someone knocked on the door and handed Kamal an electronic key card.

Kamal passed that card to me.

Kamal : …. this unlocks this door, the gate, the recreation area …. , basically anywhere that you are allowed to go…. If the door doesn’t open for you…. That place is not for you…. Understand… ?

I nodded as I palmed the card and kept it in my pocket.

Declan : Jackson…. I need to explain to you….some rules….so please listen carefully….. the house you see over there….…. We call that the castle….

Declan did not use his hand, instead he nodded over to the direction where I saw that large majestic house looming over the property.

Jackson : It sure looks like one to me…

Declan : hahaha.. yes…and in that castle….

Jackson : lives the queen…. Ok… I got it…

Declan nodded, happy that I understand where he’s coming from.

Declan : Do not go in there…..do not attempt to go near there….your key card allows you through the gates, and guard house and to your shed here …..most of the other places are out of bounds…. l

Jackson : yes… I’m the farmer….. I stay away from the royalties….no problem….

Seven chuckled again, no doubt amused by my lame joke.
Old 18-12-2019, 02:01 PM
Samster (A)

Declan : good…. Good…. Food…. Is catered…

Jackson : what !....

Declan pointed to the building beyond the wall of trees.

He told me that food is available 24 hours a day at the house at the end, I just need to follow the small path leading into the trees and I would see the entrance. A small gate leading onto another property from the back.

A team of 3 cooks rotates round the clock to keep everyone fed and happy.

Declan : You can always head out to eat if you like…. Your car… stays outside….you want to go anywhere beyond the road leading up to this place…. You use the buggy….

Jackson : what about my tools…. All the things I need to buy and transport to this place….

Declan : I’m sorry…. It’s a hassle but it’s necessary…. Don’t worry…. The main gate to this place can be opened….the guards will be notified that we have a new gardener. …… they’ll get use to you in a week or so….

Jackson : ok… where can I go and dispose of stuff… where is the bin centre…. ?

I was told all trash should be brought to the cookhouse. There’s a disposal area with several bins.

Declan : You can’t miss it….
Jackson : what about trash that are too large to move or put into the bin… ?

Declan : for example…. ?

I gestured outside the shed and talked about the few rotting tree trunks at are lying by the side.

Declan : well.. you’re the gardener…. Think of something…..

Jackson : Can I call in a….

Declan :No… !... no calling anyone in… no cranes… no trucks…. Just you….remember ??

I sighed and I saw Seven opening up the top of the wooden bed frame.

I could see some tools inside, I didn’t know the bed double up as a storage box.

Seven chuckled and put 2 axes on the table as he giggled in his weird way.

Hong laughed.

Hong : Seven… ahaha.. you very fucker you know.. hahaha… hahha…

I touched the 2 axes and nodded my head.

Fuck yeah.

5k a month brother, 28 days leave. I’ll chop down a forest if you need me to.

I’ll do it.

Jackson : ok…. I’ll deal with it…. So who do I go to for the proposed design of the garden…. Who signs off….and say ok… I like this design….proceed ….

Declan smiled and said nothing but I could probably guess what he would say if he did reply.

I’m the gardener.

I’ll make the decision.

Jackson : ok…. I understand… I understand….

Declan : good…. Look forward to working with you Jackson…. Any questions… give anyone here a call….

The group of them left me alone in the room and I sat back down on the chair and took a deep breath.

The room is clean, hardly any furnishing. I did a quick check, no cameras. There’s a working fridge, this could be cozy if I put a bit of work into it.

I mentally made a list of things I needed to get before walking all the way back down the hill to my car.

I drove back to the nursery to look for Keng.

I gave him a list of things I needed. Compost, fertilisers, sand, granite chips and so on.

Jackson : send them to this place….

I gave Keng the address where I needed to park my car and told him to unload it over there. I’ll have to slowly transfer it on my own.

I stocked up on some stationaries, drawing paper and several large 1.5 litres of water into my car.

Since there’s a bathroom for my use, I went home to pack some clothes and toiletries as well. I had a quick lunch at the food centre near my place before making my way back to my work place.

By the time I got back to Bukit Timah, it was already past 1.30pm

I chose the biggest buggy and loaded up my stuff to send them from the bottom of the hill to my farmhouse.
I kept an eye out for Declan and his associates, but they were nowhere to be seen.

I was literally left on my own to get things done.

A couple of guards stopped me since I was a new face around but they let me go upon scanning my access card.

It took me 2 trips with the buggy but I got my stuff into the small cozy shed.

I hung a signage of the word ‘farmhouse’ on the back of the door. A souvenir I brought from home. I got it when I was travelling with my grandpa.

Jackson : there…. Something homely….

I did some cleaning up, divided the shed into zones.
Tools and equipment that I don’t need immediately goes under the bed.

I began to have more ideas the more I look at my so call office.

I can almost picture myself here on a rainy evening, enjoying s steamboat meal while looking out to the garden I built. This could be fun.

I laughed to myself as I kept the bottled waters in the fridge, leaving one on the table.

Picking up the both axes Seven handed to me, I balanced them on my hands.

It has a good firm grip, the cutting edges are a little rusty but still usable. Just needs a good grind.

I checked to make sure no one is looking before doing a funny rendition of a dance I saw in a Stephen Chow movie.

Jackson : dah… dah… dah. …. Da dah dah…dah…AXE GANG!

I thrust my hand into the air and burst out laughing.

It’s ridiculous but nevertheless a good stress buster.
I made a mental note not to do that outside in case someone sees me

I’ll start by cleaning up the area outside the shed for a start.

The 2 rotting trees has to go.

The sun was setting by the time I was done with the 2 small trees. Their roots went pretty deep.

I was perspiring badly and I noticed there are no lights around the farmhouse.

The only light source is a hanging lamp above my door and the lights from inside.
I continued working, determined to get a bit more done before the sun sets.

I started to chop the rotting wood into smaller chunks for easier loading.

It got pretty dark by 7pm but this being Singapore with light pollution everywhere, the ambient light from the surrounding properties and street lamps is enough for me.

It was a beautiful moment as I looked at the setting sun lit the sky up in a dreamy orange glow.

Cirrus clouds peppered the horizon as I split the last bit of the rotted tree before loading it into the back of the buggy.

I looked around, it’s dark enough and I don’t think anyone will mind me cooling off a little.

I removed my top which was drenched in sweat by then and wiped my face down.

Walking over to one of the rotting trunk infested with fungi, I threw the axe down , lodging the blade 2 inches deep into the soft fibres.

I picked up the bottle of water I brought outside and exhaled.

The cool evening breeze felt amazing on my naked torso. It’s peaceful and quiet out here.

I unscrewed the cap and started to hydrate myself.

In between gulps of water, my eyes noticed something a distance away.

The castle.

The lights to the patio came on and someone walked out.

A female.

I could not make out much of this person, all I could see was the dark silhouette of graceful woman. I can’t tell her age but with that poise, she must be beautiful regardless of how old she is.

She walked alone towards the edge of the patio.

Her arms are folded and she looked like she was deep in thought as she takes slow deliberate steps towards the railing. The woman looked like she just came back from work.

She’s in formal clothes. Long sleeve blouse and a tight-fitting pencil skirt.

When she got the edge of the patio, she opened her arms and rest both palms on the metal railing as she looked far ahead into the horizon. The wind flirted with the soft fabric of her blouse and I could see the loose flaps under the entire length of her stretch arm swimming like the tail of a morel eel in the corals.

I looked at her from where I stood and for a brief moment, I was transfixed by that picturesque view. Her hair is tied up but the setting sun caught several loose fringes, turning it a shade of bronze.

It felt like a painting, a piece of artwork I would love to have on my wall.

I didn’t know how long I was staring at her before she noticed me.

A sudden jolt of her head in my direction was enough to snap me out of my stupor.

She saw me, or rather, she knows someone is looking at her.

I bent down to pick up the axe and I kept my line of sight towards the lady as I slowly backed away into the shadows of the trees.

I went to the shower and was surprised that it came with hot water.

As the water rises off the grim and dirt from a day’s work, I suddenly felt butterflies in my stomach and goosebumps on the back of my back. It’s as if I was starstruck after seeing some hot celebrity in real life.

I rinsed off the soap and laughed when I realised the goosebumps was not because I saw a Hollywood celebrity or some famous personality.

I was star struck because I think i just saw the Queen.

…………………………………………………………………………….
Old 18-12-2019, 02:04 PM
Samster (A)

It took me about a week and a half to clear up a 10m radius of the area around the farmhouse. There were so much trash hidden below the ground, from old sandbags to construction debris. I even dug up the ends of a spade and an old car tyre.

Clearing the ground also revealed some stone path that got swallowed up by the turfing over the years. The overgrown grass hid a lot of other structures from stone benches to pave flooring. There’s even a large concrete plinth that will comfortably fit a small table with a couple of chairs.
Some of the wild grass and weeds are as tall as me. You could probably use it as training grounds for the military if left untouched.

Someone did good work on the original landscape many years ago. With no one to take care of the ground, the wild grass just swallowed everything up.

Many of the stone slabs are still in good conditions, I followed the direction which the slabs were laid and like digging up hidden treasure, I uncovered the remains of an intricate well-designed garden constructed years ago.

Some parts just need a good wash.

I did a rough sketch of the site and soon I have a pretty good idea what I want to do. I placed the orders for materials and the plants I wanted with Keng and slowly transported everything over to the farmhouse.

I planted the bamboos first, an entire load of 40 bamboo plants about a metre tall each I ordered. I encircled the concrete plinth which is about 3 metre in diameter and I lined up the 5 metres pathway leading away from the farmhouse towards the concrete island with the same plant.

With the bamboo as the centre piece, I added some small shrubs and flowering herbs to give the walkway a bit of layer and depth.

A small bamboo forest is thus born.
Isolated planters dotted along the side of the existing stone path are quickly filled with a variety of shrubs and flowering plants.

By the end of the 3rd week, you can slowly see everything coming together.
Change is coming.

I thought Declan was joking when he said I could come and go as I like when I work, but it turned out to be true. My initial worries about one of those crazy clowns coming to harass me was uncalled for.

No one really gave a hoot about me after a week or so. No one cared what time I came to work, no one asked when I leave work too. During my break times, I would wander the grounds of the large property, I would wave to the guards at the perimeter of the castle.

They would nod in acknowledgement out of courtesy, but we never exchanged words. Not when they are working. I get the occasional glance when men pass me by on the way to the cookhouse, but no one ever came to talk to me.

The large ground is made up of so many plots of different property. There isn’t an exact boundary, every property comes with its own gates and walls. I can’t tell where the kingdom of the queen begins and where it ends. What I can gather so far is if I see a property occupied with all mean looking men, chances are it belongs to the group.

The smiles and small chats at the cookhouse are more casual but other than the simple greeting, everyone pretty much kept to their own circle.

I sit alone usually in the peculiar cookhouse.

I don’t exactly belong into any of the groups, not that I did not try.
When I asked if I could share tables, they would give me a weird look and say that the seats are taken.
Some would just point to any of the empty tables scattered throughout the ground floor.

The men working in that place varied in their age. From youthful looking 18 year olds to men in their mid fifties. Tattoos are a common sight, several spotted visible scars on their limbs.

From their conversations, I could tell most of them have a checkered past.

The food hall sat along the street like any other of the private properties on the road. From the outside, you can’t tell the special function it serves.
A large 2.5 storey private bungalow converted into a food hall of sort sure gives a new perspective to the usage of the property.

Instead of your typical living room with a sofa and TV, the whole of the ground floor is filled with tables and chairs of different sizes and design. It’s as if everything has been scavenged from different places.
They look different but everything is well maintained.

The ground floor alone can comfortably fit 60-70 diners at any one time.

There are tables set along the sides of the railings on the 2nd floor as well overlooking the dining area below.

They are seldom occupied though.
There are always empty seats on the ground floor, why would you want to carry your food upstairs ?

A team of 3 cooks managing a team of 9 others staff the kitchen on a 24 hour rotation.

There’s one who has shades on permanently even though we are indoors, everyone calls him Bran. He sometimes will just stare into space and just zone out. I don’t think he’s blind, he obviously can see.

Another never spoke a single word, he just gestured with his hands. I’ve heard people call him Meng. For some reason, he always walks around with a knife and it seems he is always cutting something.

Fruits, vegetables, potatoes, there seemed to be a never-ending list of stuff he is cutting and preparing despite the helpers doing most of the stuff.

The last one seemed to be hard of hearing, I’ve seen a few men shouting at him to tell him what they needed. Deuce. Deuce is also the most jovial of all, always smiling and waving to everyone.

The 3 cooks felt like the representation of see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. Peculiar men they may be, but they left everyone in no doubt who is in charge of the kitchen and the cook house.

They run a tight ship.

You take more food than you can finish, you can be sure to get a scolding.
You don’t return your dishes after you are done, a shouting match will ensue.
You mess up the table with your food and don’t clean up after, things will get ugly.

From what I can see, it’s usually the newcomers that get into trouble with the cooks. The old birds know exactly what not to do.

During lunch, I would usually see Hong bringing a few new guys into the cookhouse. He would explain loudly that they will go there for their meals, it’s as if he’s giving new recruits a tour of the cookhouse.

I’m good with faces. I estimate about half of them never stayed after their first meal. I can’t exactly say that place is a halfway house for ex-convicts or men who need help but it seems as if employment opportunities are presented to the newcomers, it’s up to them if they want to accept it.

Most of them did not take it up. I wonder if the terms of employments are not good, or it is the men themselves who are not up to par.

I know because I eat all 3 meals there from the 2nd day onwards. Some of those new faces never appeared again.
During mealtimes, some men would come with take away containers and the cooks would promptly fill them up.

Sometimes I would see a couple of men coming in with food bags similar to the kind we see in the army. They would take away food for about a dozen men before disappearing. It appears as if some of these men have to take their meals at their assigned posts or job.

Every new observation I make about my employer raises more questions. It’s like being given just the background piece of a children’s puzzle. A large rectangle with colourful borders and no pieces to fit within.

The cook house is great, I like the food, it’s free.

What’s not to like about it ?

The spread is good too.

Not exactly like a hotel buffet but still plenty of choices. For lunch and dinner, there’s 4 dishes and a soup. Out of the 4 dishes, there will be 2 types of vegetables and 2 meat dishes. Aside from the main dishes, there will be a variety of cold side dishes from kimchi to preserved cucumbers & turnips.
There is also a large tin of crispy chicken floss available too.

You get your choice of either white rice or multi grain.
Breakfast is a variety of bread and rolls with your choice of spreads. There’s usually a pot of porridge and a large fridge facing the kitchen is always stocked with cut fruits throughout the day.

There are 2 coffee machine, a beverage dispenser that churns out a variety of hot drinks from Milo to Macha Latte. There is even a soft drink dispenser.

From 9.00pm to 3.30am, the supper kiosk will be up. It could be Ikea style hotdogs bun, hot soy milk with fried dough sticks, sandwiches, fried beehoon or once a week, live burger stations.

Never in my dreams did I expect to be able to get a greasy Ramly burger at 10pm in the middle of a private estate in Singapore.

I could not help smiling as I bit down on my burger while sipping a hot cup of coffee as I stretched my aching legs.

This might well be in the list for one of the top 10 companies to work in if not for the shady dealings I suspect they are involved in.
Without even realising, I started to come to work earlier, and I would leave later. When I’m home, I would look forward to come to work.

I don’t clock a 9 to 6 schedule. There isn’t one for me to follow anyway.

That place felt magical to me almost surreal.

I don’t know why, I just can’t explain it.

Everything just seemed so strange, it’s like stepping into a different world.

I know it’s a matter of time before I start staying over in my little farmhouse which is why I started to bring more and more of my stuff over. I even stocked the shelves with food and snacks. I filled the fridge with some simple groceries and I even brought along my steamboat hotpot.

It makes absolute sense.

I go back to an empty house anyway, why not spend it at my work place which I have grown to like so much.

On a particularly windy morning, I barely stepped into the farmhouse when it started to pour. It rained heavily and I could barely see beyond a couple of metres of the window.

Well, the good thing about being a gardener, when it rains, I can’t work.
I set up the hot pot, threw in the instant broth and started a mini steamboat session while listening to music and enjoying the rain outside.
I dunked the thinly sliced beef into a sweet tangy sauce as smiled to myself.

The song might be right.
Heaven might just be a place on earth after all.

As the 1st month draws to a close, I started doing my sums and getting all the documents in order for Declan.

Every invoice was filled properly. I accounted for every cent that I spent on gardening supplies and equipment. With my basic bookkeeping skills, I neatly entered the figures and tallied up the balance.

I decided to get new tools for the garden and keep my own in the car. No point damaging my tools of the trade for this since they can well afford it.

I barely saw Declan and his associates other than Hong. Hong would pop by the cookhouse during lunch for a bit and that’s it.

I once saw Seven walking out from the castle before disappearing around the corner. He looked angry and I could hear him grunting and making weird noises even though he is out of sight.

Kamal walked by my farmhouse a couple of times but he’s always on his phone speaking expletives in different languages. I would give him a wave and he just return a nod.

Everyone seemed to be busy with something.

No one has time for the gardener. You can’t miss the obvious transformation the plain piece of land is going through; I get the occasional pop by of a couple of guys trying to see what else I was up to.

I eventually realised they are looking for a shady corner to smoke.

The queen doesn’t allow smoking near her castle.
I could not stand the cigarette butts they leave behind so I decided to do something about it.

I can’t stop them from smoking, but I can control where they go.

As long as it’s comfortable, has a seat and plenty of shade, they will go there. I ordered a patio umbrella that comes with a solid base you need to fill with water. I set it well away from the farmhouse within a cluster of 3 matured trees.

I put in a bin for the cigarette butts and within a day or 2, I could see a constant stream of smoke rising from the oasis. I’ll just keep adding more plants to that spot, linking it back to the main garden.

There is another reason why I wanted to work late everyday other than the fact that I love my job.

I would look towards the patio of the castle in the evening, hoping to catch a glimpse of the queen, but I never saw her again.

I would walk around the estate, poking my head about, trying to see if I can see the queen going about her business, with such a large place to manage, surely she must make sure everything is in order.
However, the queen proved to be as elusive as the scarlet pimpernel.

I spotted Declan several times near the entrance to the castle. He would go about his day in his usual prim and proper manner. Always well dressed in shirt, pants and leather shoes, Declan stood out from the rest.

Like a professional butler, he takes care of everything on behalf of the queen.

I work 5 days a week as agreed, but I clock almost 10-12 hours each day, sometimes I would leave well after 11pm. The amount of effort I put in is worth every cent of the 5k pay they offered me.

On the last weekend, I decided to pop by on a Saturday afternoon.

I had no reason to head back but I had nothing to do. I had my lunch and I figure I drop by to check on some of the shrubs I just transplanted onto the ground.

Satisfied that everything is in order, I did some cleaning up for the farmhouse before walking towards the cookhouse.

It was then I noticed something interesting happening.

There seemed to be an increase in the amount of activity on the property.
Old 18-12-2019, 02:05 PM
Samster (A)

It was my first weekend here, I thought it would be like any other day but I was wrong.
I noticed a significant increase in the amount of food being prepared. It’s a whole buffet spread like I’ve never seen before. 7 dishes excluding dessert lined up on the tables.

The cookhouse is also a lot more crowded that afternoon with more men loitering around. Everyone is waiting for something to happen it seems.

I took my coffee and retreated to the back of the dining area on the ground floor. I checked my watch and it’s coming to 4pm.

At 4.15pm , I almost dropped my coffee when I saw several girls walking into the cookhouse. They are all dressed in a provocative manner. Low cut blouse and skirts so short there’s no need for a upskirt picture to see the colour of their underwear.

Whistles and cat calls rang out as the pretty ladies waved and flirted with the waiting men.

At the hour passes, more girls entered the cookhouse.

By 5.30pm, there are least 20 girls having their meals and talking to the men.

From the way they are dressed and the way they are behaving, I have no doubts what their roles are.
I saw a sweet looking babe slipping her hand down the pants of a guard I recognised.

Another had her breast openly cupped and kneaded as she moaned in front of her half-eaten dinner.

Hong entered at 6pm with another 2 hot looking girls as the men cheered.

I can’t help but wonder if this is part of the employee benefits.

The girls are a mix of Thais and Malaysians based on the way they speak, I could easily pick out a handful I wouldn’t mind having myself.

I took another refill of coffee as I walked back out to the farmhouse.

I could see the men heading to the 2 properties beside the cookhouse with the ladies in their arms. That must be the place where business is conducted if you get my drift.

When I was halfway back to my garden, I heard Hong call out from behind me.

Hong : JACKSON !!! come !!! COME!!!

He gestured me over before doing a crude action of himself thrusting into thin air and his middle finger disappearing into a circle he made with his thumb and index finger.

Hong : hahahahah!!! AHAHAH!!! Jackson !!! join us …. Hahaha….

I shook my head and wave goodbye to Hong before quickly walking away.

Some of the girls are pretty but the idea of having an orgy with all your colleagues waiting in line didn’t sound particularly appealing. That is if I can call the men my colleagues.

I never expect Hong to hammer on my door, asking me to man up and join him.

Hong : JACKSON !!!! COME OUT!!!.. come out you pussy…. Hahahaha..hahaha…. you shy is it…. Are you shy ??

Jackson : no thank you… you go ahead….. I don’t need….

Hong : come out !!! come out you wuss. !!! hahaha… come… I pick one pretty one for you….

Jackson : It’s ok…. It’s ok… don’t need….

Hong : Come la !!!....

I refused to come out of the farmhouse and after a minute or so, Hong gave up and left, not before shouting out loudly several times; ‘ Jackson is gay ‘

Not wanting to take the chance of being dragged over to the whore house, I quickly left and went back home.

15th January 2015
Wednesday

It was exactly one month to the day since I started work at the strange place.

Declan had called me the night before to say he would be dropping by the farmhouse before lunch to have a chat with me.

I reached work early at 7am to do some simple cleaning up.

The garden looked vastly different already from one month ago.

Most of the plants I added are growing well. The few that did not root well were promptly removed and replaced.

I laid out the invoices and bookkeeping records on the table.
The leftovers from the initials sum Hong gave me was neatly sealed in a plastic bag.

Now all I can do is wait for them to show up.

10.30am

It started to pour heavily at 10.30 in the morning.
From the looks of it, it’s not going to let up anytime soon.

The walk from the castle to my farmhouse is pretty far, slightly less than a 100 metres by my estimate, unsheltered. I doubt Declan would go to the trouble of making his way down in that weather as well. Not in his pressed pants, leather shoes and straight shirts.

No gardener is worth that trouble.

Since I didn’t have breakfast, I set up the steamboat again and got the broth I kept in the fridge boiling.
The fridge had just been refilled with fresh vegetables and sliced meat. As I emptied the ingredients into the pot, I started to make plans for a small space to grow fresh organic vegetables.

I barely got started when I heard commotion outside the door.

I opened the door to see Declan and Hong totally drenched because they shared a single umbrella. It’s pouring and the wind is blowing the rain into the farmhouse.
I can’t believe they took the trouble to come over.

They peered in and saw the bubbling pot of hotpot.

Hong immediately shoved me aside as he rubbed his palms together.

Declan : Ahhhh… just in time…. how kind of you Jackson… hahaha…

Hong : wah….. steamboat….. bo jio… ( Why didn’t you invite us ? )

Hong didn’t need any invitation though, he saw the tray of disposable utensils I kept and helped himself to it.

Within minutes, the 3 of us were doing shabu shabu while Hong tried to convince Declan I was gay.

Seven turned up 10 minutes later and so did Kamal.

I don’t know what happened but I ended up hosting all 4 of them and I emptied my entire fridge. Kamal even took the 2 cans of razor clams I had on the shelves.

Kamal : god… it’s been so long since I had steamboat man…. This is fucking good…..thanks man Jackson…. Can I have more of this sauce… ?

No one seem interested to talk about my work in the garden and I was left busy topping up the soup with a mixture of instant broth and boiled water. They even dunk 2 packets of instant noodles to soak up the remnants of the broth and slurped everything up.

When the soup dried up and after I served the apples I kept in the fridge as desserts, Hong was back onto the issue of me refusing to utilise the staff benefits.

Hong : Oh back to the topic… Jackson is gay…

Jackson : I’m not gay… I like women…

Hong : he refused to fuck the girls on Saturday…it’s free and he refused…

Declan : Leave him alone… you think he as horny as you ?

Kamal : Yah… you would fuck anything with a hole…

Hong : fuck you Kamal…

Kamal : No thanks….

Seven : heet… heet… hahaha.. heet.. heet….

Hong raided my fridge and started to distribute the beer I kept inside around the table after he was done with the apples. I was hoping he would not find that.

Hong : what the fuck man.. hahhaa… got beer some more… good shit ahhaha….we should come here more often…

I declined to have one and told them it was technically work hours for me.

Hong looked at me as if I said something ridiculous.

Hong : whatever la… crazy….

Kamal tore open a packet of chips and none of them offered to help clean up after eating. Seven opened a packet of cashews I wanted to save for my beer. The 4 of them chatted and snacked as if they are in a restaurant and I’m the service staff.

Fine, they’re my bosses, middle management in a way. I’ll just take it with a pinch of salt. Just think of the pay and the freedom I get when doing what I love.

After I was done clearing up, I brought the books and invoices over to Declan.

He took a look and I could see he was genuinely impressed.
Kamal was peering over his shoulders as he looked up at me as if I was mad.

Kamal : Wah…. Gloves….. $2.40…. like that also need to write…you eat full too free is it…. ??

Declan : hello… this….

Declan pointed to the book and added.

Declan : This is accountability……

Hong : hello… I also accounts one ok… ??

Kamal : please la… you are like a fruit seller…. Go by KG one… haha

Hong : eh…. Boss ask me to measure by weight…..

I saw an obvious kick Declan gave to Hong and the room became awfully quiet for a few seconds.

Someone said something they shouldn’t have.

Whatever these guys are doing, Hong, apparently is measuring and counting money not by the face value. He’s doing it by weight.
I wonder how much money they are talking about.

Declan immediately changed the subject and commented on the work I’ve done so far.

Declan : everything is looking good so far…. you’re good with money from what I can see so far….

Jackson : I just want to make sure… everything is in order…. Not nice if you know… there are money unaccounted for….

Hong sniggered and nodded his head as if I hit the nail on the head.

Hong : there are 3 things the boss hates…. So listen carefully…. Or you are fucking dead….one……. you take something that belongs to her…. Things get ugly…..real ugly…..two… you look at her wrong…. I mean if you even have any dirty thoughts while looking at her… you’re dead…. If you touch her…… I mean even by accident….. god bless your soul….

Hong did a slow slash of his neck with his thumb while staring at me with his eyes bulging.

Kamal : tell him the story about the cooks….. all new employees should know about it….

Hong stood up and wiped his greasy hands from handling the chips and nuts on his shirt.
He started to pace around the table while the rest went quiet.

Hong lowered his voice a notch and spoke with a low voice, like the leader of some camp trying to scare the newbies on their first night in a tent.

Hong : Bran….. he always has his shades on….. because…..he…..

Hong sighed before continued.

Hong : He tried to peep at the boss while she change…..

Jackson : what !!

Kamal did a popping sound with his mouth before doing the act of his right eyeball dropping out onto the table. Seven chuckled and threw a nut onto the table to illustrate the eyeball as I jumped a little.

Hong : those were early days….. before we grew to this….she’s known for her bad temper…. Today… she might just fucking shoot him in his head…

Declan shook his head but said nothing.

He would usually tell the guys to shut up but not this time. It appears as if he felt it was necessary I listen.

Hong smiled before putting his hands on my shoulder.
Old 18-12-2019, 02:07 PM
Samster (A)

Hong : and for Meng…….Meng’s tongue…… was…… removed….

Jackson : what the fuck…. how does he cook ? doesn’t he need to taste ?

Hong : Don’t interrupt me….

Hong revealed that the boss found out Meng was skimming money off food orders for the kitchen. She confronted him, he denied.

Hong : she presented the proof…. And….. he still tried to insist he did nothing wrong….

Jackson : and… ?

Hong : Oh……. Somehow…. Meng….slipped in the shower that night…. Bit off his tongue…. Cleanly…

Kamal : POP!

Seven threw another nut onto the table as I looked at Hong in disbelief.

Jackson : what about Deuce….

Hong shook his head before taking the seat again.

Hong : Deuce….. got drunk……even when told not to do so when he’s working…. He had a glass too many…. Boss told him to sober the shit up or get out….. Deuce smiled and put his hands around boss’s shoulders….

Hong lowered his voice another notch.

Hong : She warned him…..she gave him a chance….he didn’t listen…..

Kamal : POP POP!

Hong : as a punishment for not listening to her warning…. His eardrums got popped. …

My mouth was slightly apart by then as I listened to the incredible tale Hong was telling me. I don’t know how much to believe.

Jackson : this is staff abuse isn’t it…. ?? but….from what I gather… the boss …. Ermmm.. must be very pretty…

All eyes turned to me at that moment.

Kamal : Oh…. Boss is pretty…. Real hot… but…. Don’t say we didn’t warn you….

Hong gestured to the skies with his palms trying to illustrate a benchmark for me to visualise.

Hong : boss is here…. Queen….
Lowering his hand down, he added ;

Hong : We are here…… farmers….

Kamal : don’t get funny ideas if you want to survive here Jackson….don’t get funny ideas….

All they are doing is making me more curious about the queen. If she’s really that hot and pretty, I would want to see it with my own eyes.

Jackson : why only the cooks….? How about the rest…. ?

Hong : oh…. There are others of course…. They usually meet with…. Unfortunate accident….. they are easily replaced….the cooks however…. She is willing to turn a blind eye and give them another chance…. It’s not easy to find good cooks these days….

Well, at least not those who would want to work here, that’s what I was thinking about in my head but I did not share my thoughts.

Declan : alright enough….

Hong : Not yet….you need to know about her personal guards…. The elites….

Kamal nodded and he continued for Hong. He drew an imaginary circle around the table. The way things work around here, they go by layers, with the queen in the centre while her support staff forms layers radiating outwards.

Kamal : The queen has a circle of 4 female guards….. they are deadly…. Don’t say I never warn you….. have you watched John wick ??

Jackson : yes…… have they killed someone with a pencil …. ?

Kamal : oh you think it’s funny do you…. Hahaha….they will kill you with their lipstick…..

Jackson : bullshit….

Kamal : rumours said the boss killed someone with her high heels before….

Before I could say anything, Hong added;

Hong : I’ve seen 2 of those girls take on 8 men before…..no joke…. Don’t fuck with them….

Kamal : and I’m seen one put Hong on the ground with one hand…. Hahah

Hong got irritated with that and gave Kamal an elbow shove. Apparently it’s not something he wants to share. Determined to get the spotlight away from him, he directed it towards Seven.

Hong : Seven can take them on…..he’s fast….

Seven shook his head vigorously and waved his hands, making a motion of his fist hitting his own head several times.

Declan : Seven can only take 2 of them at most…..

Kamal : those are the 1st layer around the queen…. Then… there’s Declan….he is the only one on the 2nd layer…. He manages…. Us….

I nodded as I digested the information.

Hong : and we… manage the 4th & 5th layer… which are the rest of the men you see…. The girls don’t deal with the day to day operations…. They just protect the queen…..

Jackson : am I in any layer …. ?

Kamal : I’m afraid we don’t have one dedicated for landscaping….

Declan : ok ok… enough with the stories…. Back to business…. Jackson….the garden is coming along real fine…. I like it a lot and the boss likes it too…

My ears perked up the moment I heard Declan mentioned his boss.

Jackson : You mean the Queen loves my work ??

Declan : of course… she gets a birds eye view of the garden from where she is… you can’t miss the transformation of a barren piece of land….

Jackson : that’s good to know….

Declan told me to add more shrub on a particular side of the garden and to reserve a special spot for a small tree.

Declan : Boss has a pot of lime she always wanted to transplant….. but couldn’t find a suitable spot. …. And make sure it’s away from the smoking point you did…. It’s proving to be too popular….

Jackson : No problem… I’ll identify a good spot for her….

Declan : I’m also please to inform you that with immediate effect, your pay… insurance and stuff will be park under a new company…. So just text me your account details…. Don’t worry about dealing with cash… hahaha… I know it’s hard to break big bills without raising eyebrows….

Jackson : oh… that’s good to know…

Hong : ok… now that we’ve got the work part out of the way…. Jackson … what kind of girls you like…..

Kamal : fuck you la….sighzz….

Hong seemed very determined to see me take up the employee benefit.

Hong : You like women… but you don’t want… is it because you virgin ? …. I know a few that takes very good care of virgins…. Serious… serious….

Jackson : No…. i.. I’m not a virgin…. And I don’t… I don’t want any….

Hong : Only a virgin would say he is not a virgin…

Hong clapped his hands together before shaking his right index finger at me as if he had it all figured out.

Hong : virgin… confirm virgin…

Declan : ignore him… and thank you for the steamboat….

Seven gave me a weird frown before showing me the thumbs up sign and raising one leg up in the air for no apparent reason at all.

Kamal burped loudly before thanking me in Hokkien;

Kamal : Kam sia… ( Thank you ) …. Ho Jiak… ( delicious ) please restock your fridge…. Speaking of which… I think we should do this more often…. I’m sick of the food at the cookhouse…..

Hong : I agree…!

Jackson : what !!??

Declan : well… I don’t mind…. That is if Jackson is willing to host us that is….

I looked at the eyes on my waiting for my reply and I quickly smiled and gave a thumbs up, indicating that I’m ok to host.

Hong : SWEE ! ( nice ) see… all virgins are very steady one….

As the group talked about when is the next day to gather, there was a knock on the door.

There shouldn’t be anyone else coming.

I opened it and the moment the group saw the man standing outside, they quiet down immediately.

He’s about my built, bespectacled, well dressed like Declan and he carried a large umbrella. The rain had slowed to a drizzle, he remained relatively dry compared to the rest when they first got here.

Jackson :Hi…. You are…

Aaron : I’m Aaron … you must be the new gardener…..

Jackson : yes hi… I’m Jackson ….

Aaron gave me a polite smile before telling Declan that the arrangements are ready.

Aaron :We are ready to move…

Declan : ok… I’ll be right there….

In the next few seconds that followed, I quietly observed the men go about their stuff.

There is no doubt that Aaron reports to Declan as well. However, he is not as close to Declan as Seven, Kamal and Hong.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Hong making looks at Seven and Kamal while they did the same.

You don’t need to be an expert in behaviour science to know he is not welcomed.

Aaron has the neatest outlook out of the group, aside from Declan of course. He’s well groomed, hair neatly gel and I could see he spends time on his eyebrows as well.

His clothes fit him well, most likely tailor made.
Compared to the other 3 who looked like your typical gangster, Aaron looks educated. He strikes me more like a banker rather than someone who would work for the queen.

Honestly, if I were to line Aaron, Seven, Kamal & Hong up in a row, from their looks alone, everyone would definitely point to Aaron and say he is the good guy while the rest are crooks.

However, something feels off about Aaron. I can’t put my finger to it but he strikes me as someone who would fit the role of a villain. A good looking villain doing good on the surface while stabbing you in the back.

I’m not saying Hong and the rest are goody two shoe but we have instincts for a reason. Hong and the rest didn’t exactly leave a good 1st impression as well but for some reason I cannot explain, I would rather have them over for steamboat rather than Aaron even though I barely know him.

Aaron : did I miss something here…. ?

Declan : we’re just here to evaluate the work of our new gardener….

Aaron : I see…. He’s a lot better than the previous few…. I love what you did with the garden Jackson….

Jackson : thank you….

Aaron : keep up the good work….

Jackson : I will….

Kamal rolled his eyes and rubbed his nose with his middle finger as Seven looked away.

There’s no hiding the level of disdain they have for him.

Aaron :Now if you would excuse us…. We need to get down to business… boss is waiting….

Turning to the rest, Aaron added that boss is changing and will meet the rest in the garage in 15 minutes.

Everyone got up and made their way to the door.

The once jovial mood Hong and the rest had was gone.
Old 18-12-2019, 02:07 PM
Samster (A)

I don’t know what these guys are up to but I guess it comes with it’s own set of stress and responsibility. It feels to me as if they see my farmhouse as a sort of a refuge, away from the shit they do on a day to day basis.

Declan thanked me again for the food and I told him I will keep the fridge stocked.

Jackson : come by anytime you guys want to eat…. I will make sure the fridge is always stocked…..

Declan handed me a card of the so call new company he set up, he told me to address all invoices to that company and he will take care of the rest.

Declan : alright… I’ll see you soon…

I watched the group step off the concrete and onto the grass turfing leading towards the castle.

Aaron walked on with his large umbrella angling slightly to the left.

Declan followed, Aaron noticed Declan and offered to share his umbrella from the light drizzle.

Seven, Hong and Kamal walked angling slightly to the right but they are all heading towards the same place.

I leaned against the doorway and folded my arms, looking at the back view of the men walking away.

Turning to look at the grounds of the large estate, I could not help smiling.
I can still remember the apprehension I held before I start work with this bunch of weird and funny men. I was sure I would not enjoy my time here, in fact, my plan was to quickly finish up my work and leave but I could feel my opinion towards my employer slowly changing.

My curiosity grows stronger every day.

Besides, there’s free food, good pay, interesting dynamics and power play between different men, out of the world staff benefits, shady dealings and a beautiful queen.

What’s not to like about this place ?

………………………………………………………………………………
Old 18-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Samster (A)

Adventure begins in Jan.

Hope you would all enjoy the read.

Cheers

James
Old 18-12-2019, 03:03 PM
Samster

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1264 / Power: 20
gosh has much to be proud ofgosh has much to be proud ofgosh has much to be proud ofgosh has much to be proud ofgosh has much to be proud ofgosh has much to be proud ofgosh has much to be proud ofgosh has much to be proud ofgosh has much to be proud of

Good read! upz u
Old 18-12-2019, 03:09 PM
Samster

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 145 / Power: 12
DDAMn deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyDDAMn deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Yaaaahhhh he is back......
Old 18-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 54 / Power: 7
cubor deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Very nice story TS, support for more!
Old 18-12-2019, 04:51 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 56 / Power: 7
JordonSpeith deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Awesome writing …. camping for more updates
Old 18-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Samster

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 328 / Power: 9
husky1shepherd4 is one of the Best!husky1shepherd4 is one of the Best!husky1shepherd4 is one of the Best!husky1shepherd4 is one of the Best!

The legend is back
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1