The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List
Driver

Old 27-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 150 / Power: 17
ePoet is a Helpful and Caring SamsterePoet is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

- continuation -

Day 4: Probably my best day. I have been in contact with a 30-yo girl who worked in one of the full service MPs in Johor Bahru. I knew she stays in Batam, and this day was the day I contacted her. She came over by around 4pm, and was ok to spend the whole night. When I asked her how much she wants, she said "up to you" Good time. The only girl who DFKed me. Did the deed in the afternoon, went for dinner, then drinks at NoName, then back to the hotel for another round. Slept in my arms whole night, and the next day I gave her 1.0m. She was happy.

Day 5: Worst day. I tried looking around via Wechat. This girl offered to come over. Now, I really do like LT, not because I am a serial bonker, but because i do like the feel of a warm soft feminine body hugging me to sleep. I asked her for her rates and she said 500k ST, 1.2m LT. Reasonable to me. So I asked her to come to the hotel, and I met her at the lobby. First thing I noticed, an OKT was with her. That should have set alarm bells ringing. But she was a really pretty little thing, and gave me a great smile, so I said ok. Back in the room she asked for money first. I confirmed (in my pidgin Bahasa) that it was until next morning for 1.2m. She said yes. So I paid her. Big mistake. The bonk was mediocre at best. No DFK, no DATY, no BJ let alone BBBJ. Lucky thing she really is so pretty I could still do the deed. Only time she came alive was during the bonk itself. After the bonk, we napped for a bit, then she got a series of messages and said she needed to meet a friend for one hour. Freaking bodoh me, still half asleep, I agreed. Of course, she never came back. So basically I spent 1.2m on a half-assed ST fj. Bad, expensive lesson learnt. Went back to Kampong Bule to get drunk to forget the experience.

Other points:
1. I've got crushes on one of the singers in NoName (blonde-dyed. petite ) and also the bass-guitarist (also blonde-dyed and petite... guitar is almost bigger than her ) in Foreplay club. No idea how to approach them though.
2. Not all girls working in pubs in Kampong Bule will go out. I popped the question to about 8 bar girls and only two responded with prices. And prices for cewek in Kampong Bule have doubled in the 2 years since I was last there).
3. Ojek riders are now even more pushy. The only times I feel unsafe walking around Batam is when I have an ojek riding beside me and pestering me. Don't they take no for an answer?

Anyway, from the above, was hoping some bros can enlighten me a little:
1. Is french kissing out of fashion in Batam? Out of five girls, only one did DFK and that was because she's worked in JB before. I know YMMV, Caveat Emptor and all that, but still, I'm a sucker for kisses and wondering if this depends on which booking joint the girl comes from?

2. From bro's experience, and with a budget of up to Rp500,000 per night, which centrally-located hotel has the strongest and fastest WIFI?

3. I was at Planet, Planet 2, T1, NoName and Foreplay. And in every place, there were virtually no FLs. Where do the FLs hang out now? Or is it just because this year's holiday season seems to be rather quiet in Batam? Am just asking because in the distant past, some of my most memorable bonks were from FLs in the discos.

Any help and comments on my FR would be most appreciated

"Good sexperiences deserve good prose... Great sexperiences deserve great poetry!" ~ ePoet
Old 28-12-2016, 12:24 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by miumiu6464 View Post
This trip, I stayed at this quite new hotel in Windsor Food Court residential area. L Hotel, if you had not guessed it. And, it's a terrible mistake to make.
Good sharing bro,which reminds me that anyone can stay in any hotels away from most of the cheonging places but...their transportation from point to point and their capability to navigate will be one of their KEY issue to find the things they are looking for in Batam.

Like in an RPG game,one move faster when they are riding on a vehicle than walking. If the location is too far out,it simply takes a longer time to walk, or would I rather ride?

Solution is simple and yet not so much known to most.

Quote:
After that, it's movie time. We caught UnderWorld at Nagoya mall. Great show. Caught my full attention throughout the entire movie. After movie event is back to hotel for chill out and men's talk. Shared with bro some of the issues I'm facing in life and, as always, he gave great advice.
Underworld is cool....hehehe....I wouldn't mind watching it another time tho.

Quote:
Up till now, I hadn't change money yet as I still have 900+ k from my trip almost à year ago.. how different were the rates back then.
In almost a year ago during Dec 2015,the exchange when I got to Batam and the exchange rate was 9870/SGD to 9960/SGD becos i was there for 2 nights.

https://sbfsg.net/sho...ostcount=33994

See,i told you I kept a record of important stuffs as if it was like my log book (or diary),hehehe...so I can always reference back when I find it a need to.

Not forgetting last year Dec and this year Dec,i actually visited the same temple. I have a blessed year,and still counting my blessing,hence i need to return the favor. Kind of like thanks giving. Also learning to appreiate the good things around me.

Quote:
After breakfast, we proceeded to the Tua Pek Gong Temple nearby. Spent about 20 minutes there before we embarked on the first activity on our agenda... Shopping for girls.
I also visited Tua Pek Kong,and I visited it twice. Once during my 2nd day Batam trip,and once more on the 4th day,i visited it once more.

Quote:
Same as before, I went behind when one of the girl recognise me as one of her friend's regular. Having not been there for about a year, I'm surprised that she recognized me. And, I'm not even her customer in the first place. As I'm waiting in the main hall, she was frantically calling out to her friend to come down meet me. Alas.... She is having her shower. At the same time, I notice a sweet smiling girl sitting beside her. From the way she's sitting, I didn't realize how small size she is. Checked with mami and was told that she's a 1.4 juta booking. Hmm.. at 1.4 juta, I might as well wait for my regular (albeit 1 year ago) where I'm almost guaranteed good service. Sensing that I'm almost hooked, she approached the girl and ask her if I can have her at a lower price. A further 100k discount and I'm off to the cashier.
Good to hear that you bargained down.

Quote:
We were there about 1pm plus, so didn't get to meet up with any of the GRO that my bro was telling me about. Hot stuff (or staff, pun intended). While getting changed, bro was telling me about the discount that this place has if you checked in during happy hour. You could stay until end of business hours and you will still be charged happy hour discount. Great, I thought to myself. Another affordable place for me to burn my lazy afternoon.
After a few more trips there,i probably drop that place off becos the place is about the same price as the one I went to previously. And since it is about the same price (cost just a little more tho) with the similar quality of girls,i may just stick to my regular spa places.

Quote:
But, my opinion immediately changed when I tried the pool. The warm pool is just that. Warm. The killer was... Algae was spotted in the water and that's a definite no no for me. No matter how affordable. Left the pool and tried the sauna, steam room and then, the oxygen room, in that order. Nothing much to shout about for the sauna and steam room, but I enjoyed the oxygen room. The only place that has this is the Octopus spa, iirc.
One of their customer were complaining to me about the algae and it cause his skin to itch. Algae on some term is good for health (pun intended),but on the skin,it really depends,hehehe...a gentle reminder however, please do remember to wash off the algae (whether if algae exist) upon exiting the hot pool.

The algae reminds me of Enter Spa's 'sea monkeys',hehehe...no one I seen has used the hot pool and yet algae already existed in it. Or was it really sea monkeys? Hehehe...

O2 room is good,especially for those smokes,and those with breathing issues. Much often,i would see the oxygen producing machine in hospital's ICU for patients with cancers. And there are 2 of such machines in that O2 room,hehehe...Octopuss only has one. So they won Octopuss in that aspect.

Quote:
After the oxygen room, we decided to proceed to our massage. I had specifically requested for a small size girl and, lo and behold, not only is she small size, she's pretty as well. At least a 7.5/10. The downer is... She won't open her clothes during the complimentary handjob, even when I upped the extra to 200k. Well, I still get to shoot my first load. Just that I saved 150k in tips.
This place has got no short of customers for now, so they (the girls) have the "financial capability" to 'Reject' their customers. I did a count,the girls get an average of 3 to 4 customers per day,hehehe...so if you are heading there on weekends/public holidays, then must really lower your ISO standard.

I dwelled....hehehe....tho i still not consider long enough...yet.

Quote:
As there's about 2 hours before bro's ferry trip home, we went back to my room to collect his stuff and then proceed to this eatery near Lai Lai hotel. I like the food there. But, due to the timing we were there, most cooked food were not ready yet. Still, we managed to eat up to about 100k of food for 3 guys.
The 3 guys can really eat huh? Hehehe...

Quote:
The next 15 minutes tells why we should not stay at this hotel anymore. Not a single taxi at the parking lots, not even a single ojet available. And, 10 minute after telling the security to call a taxi, it's still on the way. Luckily, I called the driver that my bro uses and he happened to be in the area. Brought us to A2 food court for our dinner. Fried prawn in floor, fried egg, fried chicken and vegetables plus drinks came up to about 200k. Nice and cheap meal.
Like I have said earlier,if one plans his way of travel well enough, he would have anticipated by staying in a hotel far away from the most basic amenities (food places, cheonging, shopping etc), the key of travelling from point A to be point B would be crucial.

I think your hotel is the 1st hotel that I knew of w/o ample taxi or ojek around. I believe that would tells you more about the hotel,hehehe...every hotel in Batam should be a good hotel,as long as i have the capability to find everything i need conveniently (with minimum effort).

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info

Old 28-12-2016, 01:04 AM
Samster (eP)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5631 / Power: 15
Black Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ePoet View Post
Day 5: Worst day.
(.........)
Of course, she never came back. So basically I spent 1.2m on a half-assed ST fj. Bad, expensive lesson learnt.
Yes, you cumulated an impressive series of mistakes, one after the other in a crescendo, but no need to remark it to someone who already admitted to be guilty.
It's very easy to report stories of success, more difficult to admit mistakes, even silly mistakes. So, thank you. The hope is that this will be useful to others.
However, big episodes of success come only after many mistakes. This helps to milden the disappointment on days of bad luck.

Quote:
1. I've got crushes on one of the singers in NoName (blonde-dyed. petite ) and also the bass-guitarist (also blonde-dyed and petite... guitar is almost bigger than her ) in Foreplay club. No idea how to approach them though.
This is astonishing!
What about "Hello! You play great?" So simple. They will reciprocate with the biggest smile you ever got in Foreplay.

No need to be nervous, however, because that may only lead to a drink together at best. The chances to get laid easily with them as not greater than with a Chinese girl dressed fancy and sitting in a night club of Clark Key (I assume that you, as well as me, do not look as a brother of Brad Pitt).

Musicians in NoName DO NOT come from a poor kampung and are NOT impressed by "Hello. I am from Singapore" (neither by "Hello. I am from France"). They come from Jakarta and are used to stay with upper-class Indonesian creative young guys, as well as with foreigners of all continents. On top of that, they have seen you trying to approach girls in NoName while they were singing. You cannot even claim to have fallen in love, suddenly at first sight...
(Nothing personal, I experienced the same on my skin)

Quote:
3. Ojek riders are now even more pushy. The only times I feel unsafe walking around Batam is when I have an ojek riding beside me and pestering me. Don't they take no for an answer?
Just one question: why UNSAFE?? He is pushy because in desperate need of those 10k, but that does not mean he would rob you to get those damn rupiahs. Smile back, and don't even think to reply to "Where you going?" with something different than "Jalan jalan". On my first times, I took it as very intrusive, but then I understood that for Indonesian it's like asking "how are you?"

Quote:
1. Is french kissing out of fashion in Batam?
Only in case of good "chemistry"

Quote:
3. I was at Planet, Planet 2, T1, NoName and Foreplay. And in every place, there were virtually no FLs. Where do the FLs hang out now? Or is it just because this year's holiday season seems to be rather quiet in Batam? Am just asking because in the distant past, some of my most memorable bonks were from FLs in the discos.
I was not with you, but I CANNOT believe that Newton could be without FLs.

Quote:
Any help and comments on my FR would be most appreciated
You're welcome
Old 28-12-2016, 02:40 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 28 / Power: 0
tcss000 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Reference to earlier food finding (seagull zi cha) post / guild , I've got one thing to report: mission accomplished ! Walked there from Nagoya mall, took me about less then 30 min of leisure stroll. Bro nono map spot on. Just follow it and u will reach seagull swee swee.

Mixed feelings about the food. The fish head (ok it's fish body) steam boat is good. I ordered kan kong. Average. The salted egg chicken is a failure. No offence to anyone, just my two cents. And the price? Heheh. $165k plus coke. Cheap cheap. Almost no tourist there. I like it!

On the way there, saw a very happening food court behind da Vienna hotel. Not the burbur Johor, it's just behind da Vienna. Can see the hotel from seating place. Very full v bustling, smells good too! Too bad I've got limited stomach space for food. So got to kiv.

Night activity is bumming around NED pub street. Sat in chilli pub and waitresses came up to me chat. Nothing happening there, ended disbursing 50k to each girl to chit chat away my evening . (I don't drink and I didn't buy them any drink. I recon they will prefer hard currency rather then fermented carbonated wheat drink) They waitress look good but I dunno how to ask them to follow me back. End up going off myself. Duh.

Oops forgot about the hotel. Stayed in barelang hotel. It's a small budget hotel around harmoni hotel area. Some taxi drivers don't even know of it. Easier to disembark at harmoni hotel and walk over. I paid $28 in agoda, which I recon is fair. The hotel is very new, so "no run down issues" at all. Nothing else to shout (or complain) about, a typical budget hotel. Location wise, I took about 10 min walk to formosa. Its located right along the NED, ideal place for brudders who want to go drinking. Also have KFC and mac Donald's around the corner.

Additional stuff :

Didn't get to have a good massage this time round. My usual place, Bridge massage, sent a hell of a steel finger masseur to massage me. Almost broke my old bones. Arrgghh! Saw another massage shop opposite farmosa, might give it a try next time. Or any bros here know of another cheap massage? Below 100k per hour.

That about sums up this short trip. Back to save $$$ and be back again soon!!

Last edited by tcss000; 28-12-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old 28-12-2016, 02:42 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 150 / Power: 17
ePoet is a Helpful and Caring SamsterePoet is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Lol nice comments Black Page. Yeah, that wechat FL was about the worst. Thought I was being quite guarded but oh well, maybe it's been a long time since I've experienced a runner.

As for the musicians, yeah I hear you. Actually they are just real eye candy for me. Won't be able to spend the time or resources to "kao" them properly.

I guess what irritates me about the Ojek riders are that as they chase after me, they sometimes swerve in front of me and force me to sidestep; that's why I feel unsafe. Not that I feel that I will be robbed or anything (anyway I never bring all my cash out at once). But getting knocked down or accidentally burning myself on a hot exhaust pipe isn't my idea of a good vacation experience.

As for the FLs, yeah really, when I went there, the place was totally empty; just a few guys prancing on the dance floor. Or maybe I went too early; was there around 11pm and stayed till just before midnight. Perhaps you could advise me when is the best time to hit the discos? Hit and miss of course, I understand

"Good sexperiences deserve good prose... Great sexperiences deserve great poetry!" ~ ePoet
Old 28-12-2016, 06:22 AM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: -223 / Power: 0
AhPui8 AhPui8 AhPui8

[QUOTE=Both Marine Live Seafood and Whampoa Keng have ceased operations.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know the reason for the ceased operation of Marine live seafood?
Ok, let me tell you all the real reason. It actually no need to ceased operation. But they are too greedy and refuse to hear out our complain that the price is too high for the thing that they offer to us. Treat us as gong kia. Knife polish sharp sharp and pointed to our throat. Worst still got the help of a few like shit guys here to bring business for them.

But heaven is on our side. We know something that is call unite.
We unite together to bring the price down. We hope to give them a chance to do business. If they willing to reduce their price. But unlucky for them. They refuse to bring it down. They thought that if we no go and eat , Other Dick and John will go and eat. We no go they won,t die . Hahaha , they had underestimate the power of unite.

At last only those that do business with a reasonable price will survive. And too bad they don,t heed our advice and had to closed shop. Felt really sorry for them (MLS). Hooray to the people power (UNITE)
Old 28-12-2016, 07:45 AM
Samster

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1531 / Power: 10
miumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant future

@tcss000

Good feedback about Seagull. I've been there several times and that's the first time that I had the fish steamboat. Next time when you order this, try this. When the steamboat arrive, scoop up all the so first and then ask them to refill.

The busting eatery beside Da Vienna Hotel is one of the Ikan Bakar Acia that I know of. The other one is behind Nagoya Citywalk. That one, not so busy. At dinner time, you will have problem finding seats at the one next to hotel. Not sure if Ikan Bakar Acia is the shop name or refers to the way the fishes are cooked. There, you choose the fishes you want and tell them how you want it cooked. Another good to try there is the Orh Luak without Orh. Haha, I take it this way cos I'm watching my cholesterol lever and oyster is not really my cup of tea.

@Black Page

I ever pass by Newton recently at about 1am and it's quite quiet at the coffee shop. I did not go up to the disco, hence I don't know how good the FL crowd there. But, the coffee shop is dead, almost.

@ePoet

Great fr, even though you didn't have a particularly great trip. But, that's life. You don't get rain or sunshine everyday. Even Bro Nono in this thread also encounter the occasional bummer. But, hey. We can always make lemonade out of lemon.

I shall be spending new years eve at Batam. Anyone can advise:

1. Good spot to watch fireworks which I heard murmer that Formosa boss spend a lot on every year.

2. A good gynae. A friend asked me this since he heard of my recent trip to Batam. (No, my friend =/= me) His gf there is 1 months plus pregnant, or so he thought. Understand that good might not be cheap, he's looking for affordable. He earn just shy of $2k each month and don't have much savings.

3. More great food places. Now, my top of the list is seagull and Ikan bakar Acia for good and affordable food.
Old 28-12-2016, 10:30 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 564 / Power: 11
iicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fde83 View Post
400k fj for a 30 year old ML. Wow!!
Can try tat in ani hotel's in house MP,see if any newbies here can get 400k rp fj &/or below. Not impossible,but nt gng 2 b easy 4 mos first timer. R'ber, the key word here is hotel's in-house mp,not those standalone rundwn MP shp along Utama tat may most time nt hav a proper pl 4 a hot shower. Plus tat ger gng 2 a bro's rm 4 in-room massage smmre.

Smtime mus gif newbie bro a bit of encouragement ma even tho tere's stil sm rm 4 improvement...tio bo?

i not encouraging 2 pay high price like wat my 'big boss' pays in balai hor but pls tink abt it, if i compare it w tat prev bro who aldy paid 300k rp 4 his in-hotel hj excluding the ard 50% higher massage fee? Both of em adds up 2 be payin abt similar final total price 4 abt similar age ger,but 1 got a fj & the other onli got himself a hj.

Tat newbie bro need a small pat on his shoulder.

i onli sharin my after-read thots.
Old 28-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 28 / Power: 0
tcss000 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Bro miumiu,

Good idea to scoop out the fish meat first. The steamboat is so packed full of fish meat, almost no space for soup.

Yes now that u mentioned. The ikan bakar acia I did remember seeing a shop fry oyster egg. Yummy yummy! The thought of this makes my mouth water...

Right then , back to reality soon. Till next time.

Last edited by tcss000; 28-12-2016 at 03:46 PM.
Old 28-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Samster

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 14 / Power: 0
yourslovingly deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

On the way to batam now. Any body also? Msg me at wechat: Muthu_33
Old 28-12-2016, 01:26 PM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
Scorpdevil deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Any one know where the hot girls are in batam it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack
Old 28-12-2016, 01:30 PM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
Scorpdevil deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Where the hell are the hot girls here some real bad quality last night and clubs were empty
Old 28-12-2016, 03:14 PM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1405 / Power: 16
hawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud of

Quote:
@tcss000

1. Good spot to watch fireworks which I heard murmer that Formosa boss spend a lot on every year.

2. A good gynae. A friend asked me this since he heard of my recent trip to Batam. (No, my friend =/= me) His gf there is 1 months plus pregnant, or so he thought. Understand that good might not be cheap, he's looking for affordable. He earn just shy of $2k each month and don't have much savings.

3. More great food places. Now, my top of the list is seagull and Ikan bakar Acia for good and affordable food.
1. Yes, Formosa is a very good spot. The boss spend several tens of juta putting up fireworks display every year. My fave spot is just in front of Tea Story.

2. For an affordable and decent gynae, you can ask your friend to go to RS Elisabeth. It is one of the more affordable yet decent hospitals in Batam. Try Dr. Dino, he practises there in the morning and he also has his own clinic in the Kepri Mall area. His clinic is next to Vista KTV there.

If your friend has more budget,the best gynaes can be found in RS Awalbros. Price-wise is about 40% more than RS Elisabeth. Basis consultation + ultrasound + administration fee is about 350-400k per visit; meds & supplements will of course be at an extra cost.

3. For good and affordable breakfast & lunches, Pasar Mitra Raya is always a good bet. There are at least 8 good-sized coffeeshops there with lots of comfort food like fried carrot cake, you tiao, BKT (white or herbal), bakchor mee, 小碗面, chicken rice and many many many other selections. That area is like a Little Medan and many of the stalls are helmed by Indochinese.
Old 28-12-2016, 04:48 PM
Samster

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 118 / Power: 9
Nulgath deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyNulgath deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
I remember watching a Ji Gong drama 活佛济公 in my younger days (Ji Gong is yet another Buddha from the Buddhist realm and a deity worshiped among Taoism). One fine day when Ji Gong tells his teacher that he has "awakened" (一念觉醒), he walked right to the middle of the altar in the temple where everyone was either praying or worshiping ; and start to strip himself until completely naked.

Of course during then, he was bombard and kicked out of the temple by his teachers and seniors. His life story is more about his travels around his country (aka the world by the story's definition),and being a Buddhist,yet be controversially drinking alcohol and consuming dog meat (which is against Buddhism law).

His explanation base on the then teaching was 酒肉穿肠过 (what he eat goes into your body and later comes out again).What he eats and drink is a work of the external appearance. Meaning to say, i can do all the Good Work by appearance that any super duper ultra devoted believers would normally do...but if my own heart is evil, constantly plotting against others, forever trying to stir discord with words/actions, creating trouble etc etc... I will be afterall no better than those who dont do ANY of those so call "Good Work". Thats solely my own understanding of its meaning.

I believe his teaching is more about not to be bound by the appearance of the worldly,be it action or by speech but be more focusing on the good heart and the good spiritual self. Do more good deeds, do less harmful things, have a good heart and bring out goodness in the world.
At this point of reading yr summary,i wonder if there'd be any ji gong altar in any temples of batam. I remember when i used to go to batam w my family some years back,the very first venues we often go to was to their temples. Praying for things to go smoothly in real life.

On my nxt trip,likely in 2017,i'd love to pay a visit to some of these temples there. A new year,& a new beginning,hopefully everything would be blessed to go smoothly.

Thx for sharing those details in yr summary, together with a few good lessons well-taught.
Old 28-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future

Quote:

Erm,the best place for me to watch fireworks is right where I am standing in Batam which I will light them my own,hehehe... Believe me, Batam's fireworks is almost all the same as what you could buy from the roadside. (its at least 3 to 5 times more expensive than in China during festive season, for your info) And it often breaks my heart to hear a big bang from any firework whenever I am in Batam (during CNY),hehehe...as each loud bang from the firework on the sky cost an average of about nearly S$1 ,hehehe...

Best place to watch fireworks if you wish to see some more fanciful firework display would most likely be in KTM Resort higher hill area chalet where you can oversee Singapore's Marina Bay Sand. Of course,it is provided if that evening's night sky isn't cloudy,hehehe...

Biz hotel,Da Vienna Hotel,BCC,Zest Hotel,Nagoya Mansion etc where the hotels were taller can be considered to watch some simple firework display too.

Last year,most of Formosa's fireworks is done just outside Formosa front door carpark area (the security guards will help out) and outside Center Point Mall (its an almost empty building). Do note that I am speaking base on CNY 2015 and CNY 2016 experience.

If I don't remember wrong, i took the photo shot from outside Center Point Mall when Formosa was having fireworks during CNY 2016.

Quote:
This type of question,if I am in your shoe and looking for answer/s,i will approach Sinta. And if I cannot locate Sinta,i look for Yuri (I am sure you know which Yuri I am talking about).

I don't know if your friend's gf is Chinese or non-Chinese. When I say I will approach Sinta,i assume she is Chinese and when I say I will approach Yuri,i assume she is a non-Chinese.

When I say "if I am in your shoe, I will approach" the 2 of them,i also mean that i have already build a certain level of friendship with the both of them and this kind of "things",i have a feeling it is still best to find answers from ladies rather than guys.

I don't have any exact answer/s for your question/s now,but MAYBE after my CNY 2017 trip,i might have them. And approaching the 2 person above is where I would likely seek my answers from. (I actually have another 2 more person in mind) All of them has given birth at least twice before in Batam,hehehe...

There are other options to seek answers, eg booking girls,massage girls, OKT mamis (not papi) etc which must have been in Batam for a substantial amount of time. But I doubt I can hear much details from them nor much quality (reliable) help can be enlisted from them.

Just sharing.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info

Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1