The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 21-09-2007, 01:18 PM
SamSter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 43 / Power: 0
Red_Tirak1099 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Thai movies/drama thread

No one talk about Tony Jaa's movies?
Old 21-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Samster

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 943 / Power: 20
JWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Tirak1099 View Post
Dek hor (Thai: เด็กหอ, also Dorm or My School) is a 2006 Thai horror-thriller-drama film about a shy boy who is sent away under mysterious circumstances to a spooky boarding school.
I watched this show with Samster FREE before his SBF retirement...not too bad but i think the message brought across for the film, could have done without a "ghost" character ~ just my thoughts

JWNY

drink Coke...save water
Old 21-09-2007, 01:39 PM
SamSter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 25 / Power: 0
issan_madboy deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Gathered from websites that ong bak 2 is still in production.praying that it will be released soon.
Old 21-09-2007, 01:42 PM
SamSter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWNY View Post
I watched this show with Samster FREE before his SBF retirement...not too bad but i think the message brought across for the film, could have done without a "ghost" character ~ just my thoughts

JWNY
I agree that the message can be brought across to the audience without the use of a supernatural being but asian cinema was riding on the crest of the horror wave,so no ghost probably means no huge box office collections.
Old 21-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Samster

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1587 / Power: 20
vmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWNY View Post
This film was nominated for the 2005 Golden Kinnaree Award for best film at the Bangkok International Film Festival and has won various awards at smaller festivals around the world. Watch with your tiraks at night!

JWNY

this move definately rocks, remmeber this 1 the most cus this is the 1st movie i watched with my current girl 3+ yrs back ahha i still have that ticket stub from PS. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by issan_madboy View Post

How about the legend of queen suriyothai?francis ford coppola's epic production.was the movie that kick started all those gigantic historical epics like king nauresan.The film describes historical events in the life of the heroine, Suriyothai, the queen of King Mahachakrapat. from the age of 15, ranging from love and attachment, royal wedding, resettlement in the capital, court life, intrigues, and sustenance of royal dignity.

Year: 2001
Director: MC Chatri Chalerm Yukol (a.k.a Than Mui)
Cast: M.L Piyapas Bhirombhakdi, Mai Charoenpura, Pimolrat Pisalayabutr, Johnny Anfone, Sarunyu Wongkrachang, Chatchai Plengpanich, Pongpat Wachirabunjong, Penpak Sirikul, Wannasa Tongviset, Sorapong Chatri, Suphakit Tangthatswasd, Saharat Sangkapricha, Ronrittichai Khanket, Sombat Medhanee, Paveena Hongsakula, Pisan Akaraseni, Supakorn Kitsuwon, Ampol Lamppon, Sinjai Plengpanit, Suchao Pongwilai, Varuth Waratham, H. M. The Queen of Thailand Sirikit Kitiyakara

anyone here has the downloads for this movie?
Old 21-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Samster

vmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant future

Midnight My Love
Recommanded by Arpnam lovers haha

Director: Kongdej Jaturanrasmee
Cast: Petchtai Wongkamlao a.k.a Mum Jokmok a.k.a “Dirty Balls”, Woranut Wongsawan
Year: 2005
Running Time: 91 minutes

a lonely set in his ways middle age taxi driver, and he keeps his typical humor tied in a straightjacket as he remains passive and almost uncommunicative throughout the film. Much of this as viewers learn later is due to a shocking episode in his past that seems to have sucked the life out of him. He does the late shift on the empty streets of Bangkok and prefers it that way – when he can drive and listen to a radio station that plays old fashioned ballads, radio soap operas and reads letters from the lovelorn and lost in the big city. His days pass one like every other one as he isolates himself from all but a few other taxi drivers.

One evening he sees a young woman being mistreated by a man, but minds his own business and drives away – but a few nights later he picks her up along with her co-workers in front of a large massage parlor and drives her home. He begins to make a point of being there at the closing hour every night and soon Nual (Woranut – a TV soap star) begins to hire him to take her home every night and slowly tries to bring him out of his shell by treating him to McDonalds and shopping in the mall. As lovely as she is, she is just as empty in her own way – losing a bit of her soul to every client that chooses her behind the glass fishbowl. Bati writes to the radio DJ “Our jobs are similar. Once I’ve delivered my passenger I don’t know where to go because the destination was not mine. It is the same with her”

But just as you begin to lie back in comfort waiting for the inevitable romance to take place, the film suddenly takes a startling dark turn that throws many of these expectations into a drainage ditch, but when all seems lost an ending that seems inspired by the ending of “Comrades: A Love Story” will warm your cold heart and colder feet. There are no passionate fireworks in the film – it is extremely simple and much of the time it is Bati just listening to his station and imagining himself in the radio soaps (the only sections where Jokmok is more like his usual self as he parodies them wonderfully). As good as Woranut is – and she received a Thai film nomination for her role – the fact that she is stunningly lovely makes the romance take on a bit of a fantasy aspect – it really is hard to imagine her with the suppressed much older Bati – but nevertheless you sure want them to be. This is the director’s second film – his first was the well-received Sayew and he also wrote the script to “The Letter”, a very popular tear drenched romance from a few years ago.

I have this movie in my old HDD, but i cant upload until i buy myself an external hdd cover, CPU died :P

but this is 1 of the touching stories around, and Noon is sooooooooooo sweet
Old 21-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Samster

2 more images here from Midnight My Love

and

Old 21-09-2007, 01:53 PM
SamSter

brother vmtech i cannot see the pictures.
Old 21-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Samster

opps, cannnot edit liao, so i post again.

Midnight My Love
Recommanded by Arpnam lovers haha

Director: Kongdej Jaturanrasmee
Cast: Petchtai Wongkamlao a.k.a Mum Jokmok a.k.a “Dirty Balls”, Woranut Wongsawan
Year: 2005
Running Time: 91 minutes

a lonely set in his ways middle age taxi driver, and he keeps his typical humor tied in a straightjacket as he remains passive and almost uncommunicative throughout the film. Much of this as viewers learn later is due to a shocking episode in his past that seems to have sucked the life out of him. He does the late shift on the empty streets of Bangkok and prefers it that way – when he can drive and listen to a radio station that plays old fashioned ballads, radio soap operas and reads letters from the lovelorn and lost in the big city. His days pass one like every other one as he isolates himself from all but a few other taxi drivers.

One evening he sees a young woman being mistreated by a man, but minds his own business and drives away – but a few nights later he picks her up along with her co-workers in front of a large massage parlor and drives her home. He begins to make a point of being there at the closing hour every night and soon Nual (Woranut – a TV soap star) begins to hire him to take her home every night and slowly tries to bring him out of his shell by treating him to McDonalds and shopping in the mall. As lovely as she is, she is just as empty in her own way – losing a bit of her soul to every client that chooses her behind the glass fishbowl. Bati writes to the radio DJ “Our jobs are similar. Once I’ve delivered my passenger I don’t know where to go because the destination was not mine. It is the same with her”

But just as you begin to lie back in comfort waiting for the inevitable romance to take place, the film suddenly takes a startling dark turn that throws many of these expectations into a drainage ditch, but when all seems lost an ending that seems inspired by the ending of “Comrades: A Love Story” will warm your cold heart and colder feet. There are no passionate fireworks in the film – it is extremely simple and much of the time it is Bati just listening to his station and imagining himself in the radio soaps (the only sections where Jokmok is more like his usual self as he parodies them wonderfully). As good as Woranut is – and she received a Thai film nomination for her role – the fact that she is stunningly lovely makes the romance take on a bit of a fantasy aspect – it really is hard to imagine her with the suppressed much older Bati – but nevertheless you sure want them to be. This is the director’s second film – his first was the well-received Sayew and he also wrote the script to “The Letter”, a very popular tear drenched romance from a few years ago.

I have this movie in my old HDD, but i cant upload until i buy myself an external hdd cover, CPU died :P

but this is 1 of the touching stories around, and Noon is sooooooooooo sweet

Last edited by vmtech; 21-09-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 21-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Samster

Location: Pontian,JB, Singapore and Bangkok, and now back to Singapore
My Reputation: Points: 385 / Power: 22
SmallD is a living Saint! - you won't find betterSmallD is a living Saint! - you won't find betterSmallD is a living Saint! - you won't find betterSmallD is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Vinci View Post
good Sharing!!! where to get Thai DVDs in singapore?
which Movie are u refering to?
From JB to Singapore
15 and 1/2 months in Bangkok.
now i had left LOS
Miss there, lifestyle, people, more and more.
Sad Sad Sad
Old 21-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Samster

SmallD is a living Saint! - you won't find betterSmallD is a living Saint! - you won't find betterSmallD is a living Saint! - you won't find betterSmallD is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmtech View Post
I have this documantory in my HDD, about to delete but maybe see if anyone here interested in it, i'll upload it.

It's called the Virgin Trade.

Summary:
Filmmaker Stuart Kershaw embarks on a journey through Thailand's red light districts to investigate the world's largest sex industry. This exploration of international sex tourism turns expectation on its head, in an expedition that is as brutal in its honesty as it is unexpected in its conclusions. But who are the victims? Are parents selling their children into brothels to finance lavish Western lifestyles? Or do orphans fill the demand - smuggled into sex-work after disasters like the Tsunami? Stuart bulldozes a host of Thailand's urban myths whilst viciously affirming widespread exploitation and deceit.

lemme know if anyone here might be interested ...
Bro, wil definately appreciate if you can share with us
From JB to Singapore
now i had left LOS
Sad Sad Sad
Old 21-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by serembanmen View Post
I can translate for u in hokkien, aimai!
will definately appreciate if u can help me to do so... part 1 2hours 40 min and part 2 2 hour 35min.

please translate for me... hokkien also no problem
From JB to Singapore
now i had left LOS
Sad Sad Sad
Old 21-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussyman72 View Post
if really like thai history maybe can go to wikipedia to read they talk about the kings histories.

it may not be a movie or a drama but it quiet informative about thailand history.

Cheers
PM72
thanks for your advice. had gone thru wikipedia. the info are quite limited
From JB to Singapore
now i had left LOS
Sad Sad Sad
Old 21-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Tirak1099 View Post
Ok Roger that BOSS...no OT here!

Back to Thai movies....Watched a DVD with my Thai gf the other day, "Art of the Devil II"....dont know the Thai title. I dont go for horror movies much but this one was not so bad. Story about Black Magic gongtao.
IS that movie call ' long korng II"?
From JB to Singapore
now i had left LOS
Sad Sad Sad
Old 21-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by issan_madboy View Post
Thank you brother JWNY for starting such an informative and interesting thread.hopefully we can keep out the flame wars that have been plaguing this forum.

Brother SC i prefer art of the devil II cos got more gore.i like to see blood spill and missing body parts.

I like the part where he sang in the army camp.very touching.

How about the legend of queen suriyothai?francis ford coppola's epic production.was the movie that kick started all those gigantic historical epics like king nauresan.The film describes historical events in the life of the heroine, Suriyothai, the queen of King Mahachakrapat. from the age of 15, ranging from love and attachment, royal wedding, resettlement in the capital, court life, intrigues, and sustenance of royal dignity.

Year: 2001
Director: MC Chatri Chalerm Yukol (a.k.a Than Mui)
Cast: M.L Piyapas Bhirombhakdi, Mai Charoenpura, Pimolrat Pisalayabutr, Johnny Anfone, Sarunyu Wongkrachang, Chatchai Plengpanich, Pongpat Wachirabunjong, Penpak Sirikul, Wannasa Tongviset, Sorapong Chatri, Suphakit Tangthatswasd, Saharat Sangkapricha, Ronrittichai Khanket, Sombat Medhanee, Paveena Hongsakula, Pisan Akaraseni, Supakorn Kitsuwon, Ampol Lamppon, Sinjai Plengpanit, Suchao Pongwilai, Varuth Waratham, H. M. The Queen of Thailand Sirikit Kitiyakara
This is one of the great movie from thailand for those who like Thai history....

after this movie they actually come out with another heroine Suphan Kalaya (Unfortunately i lost that DVD and now no place i can find it) before they start with the Phra Naresuan (King Naresuan)
From JB to Singapore
now i had left LOS
Sad Sad Sad
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1