The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 09-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
simple deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: DSC anonymous HIV test

Guys/Gals,

Few bits of extra info that might be useful.

1. Truly anonymous testing twice a week - Wed (6-8pm, I think) and Sat (1-4 pm).

2. DSC located at Ground floor. Large sign - easier to spot than looking for Block 31 (for me anyway).

3. Went at near closing time last Saturday - no queue !

4. Procedures as below

a. Get number (no need IC), fill simple form, pay $20.
b. Interview, given pamphlets - first room.
c. Finger prick test - second room. Few drops of blood on strip test.
d. Results ready 15-20 minutes - given with second interview, same first room.
e. If strip test negative : >99% accurate; if strip test positve : need blood test. (Dont know procedure from this point, as mine was negative)

Overall, very professional.

The ONLY truly anonymous open access HIV testing clinic in Singapore.
Old 17-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 91 / Power: 22
perrymason32 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: HIV screening info

Hi bro bongster:

True: the main strains HIV I and HIV II. HIV I is the more common one. And HIV II is prevalent in Africa. Between the two, HIV II is considered less aggressive than HIV I; HIV II early infection symptoms (if any) tend to be milder than those of HIV I; and, AIDS onset from HIV II tends to be a little slower/come on later than that of HIV I. (Maybe there is more recent data that contradicts that, since these findings were as of the last two years...) Both are, of course, life-threatening and at this time in global history, incurable.

True that HIV II is mostly in Africa. Problem is with globalisation and international travel, it is possible to see HIV II making inroads into other regions of the world. Now the numbers are dwarfed by HIV I infection rates here. In Asia, there is growth of specific substrains of HIV I--which draws attention away from HIV II. It's just another line of infection stretching its evil claws across the region...

I remember reading a story, on the Web and probably on thebody.com, of someone who had casual sex raw with someone (both were ang moh and in Europe). The guy said he started out using a condom. The girl then said, she's clean and already took the HIV test. So he threw away the condom and they did raw and rough. Later on, he (she also I guess) found out that she had only tested negative for a HIV I test, but in fact had infected him with HIV II. The guy was writing in for advice on thebody.com and told his story, I think.

Anyway, one more thing. The rapid ELISA administered by the AfA tests for both HIV I and HIV II. The next time any bros go for the test, just ask the person doing the test if this is the case, and he or she will say yes and then show you printed on the test strip itself, "HIVI/II".

Our country may not be the kindest to HIV+ people, but is damn efficient to use the latest tests. For that, I suppose, we should be grateful.

In Malaysia, the ELISA also tests for HIV I and HIV II.

I think right now, the Quantitative PCR (Viral Load) only tests for HIV I in most private labs here. Of course, I'm pretty sure the Blood Bank and other government-run facilities in Singapore do the Qualitative PCR for both HIV I and HIV II. (Not 100% on this; but blood donations are no joke and not something that anyone wants to play around with.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongster
...HIV2 is most limited to Africa...
Anyway good to see more bros going for the tests
Old 22-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2532 / Power: 22
MarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see this post has been made a Sticky.
Old 24-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
nsx-r deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Comfirm no ICs needed ?? Cos' I serving NS. Just to be safe, I going for the test if my questions is to be reply.
Old 26-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 91 / Power: 22
perrymason32 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Hi bro nsx-r:

No IC needed if you take the test as it is administered by AfA (Action for AIDS), at the DSC Clinic premises, during Anonymous Testing periods, which is Wednesday evening from 6.30 p.m., and Saturday afternoon from 1 p.m.

DO NOT go during DSC Clinic's operating hours.

I don't quite get what you're asking about though. What's this got to do with your NS? Whether you're doing NS or not, if you go through regular healthcare practitioners--private or government sector--in Singapore, they are required by law to report of HIV+ test results, including name and details, to the MoH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx-r
Comfirm no ICs needed ?? Cos' I serving NS...
Old 28-08-2004, 05:21 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 47 / Power: 0
haha51 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

so how dangerous is BBBJ ?
Old 28-08-2004, 11:20 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 111 / Power: 23
mustachio deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guymustachio deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha51
so how dangerous is BBBJ ?
Many bros hv said that nothing is absolutely safe. I agree.

You can still contract a whole host of STDs if the ger's mouth is harbouring these bacteria or viruses. The thing that can compound ur risk is cuts, sores or ulcers in the mouth of the giver or on ur thingee n its surrounding. Some broken skin are so small that you dun even notice it, but viruses are so small that they can sneak in.

Docs hv oso said that usage of condoms will reduce the risk but no eliminate it altogether. You oso can read the fine prints on Condoms and they do not guarantee.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 21 / Power: 0
FIVE2ONE deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

this thread is very useful.....

keep it sticky....
Old 06-09-2004, 08:28 PM
batamhater

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: / Power: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE2ONE
this thread is very useful.....

keep it sticky....

definitely a useful thread and an eye-opener!!!
Old 04-10-2004, 03:02 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 547 / Power: 21
mi.chi.eru is a glorious beacon of lightmi.chi.eru is a glorious beacon of lightmi.chi.eru is a glorious beacon of lightmi.chi.eru is a glorious beacon of lightmi.chi.eru is a glorious beacon of lightmi.chi.eru is a glorious beacon of light

Suddenly, feel that also should go for a checkup after reading all the HIV related threads... sigh... I also better take care to check if got anything wrong... if got.. don't "hai" other people... sigh...

Maybe should get my gf to go along also....

Well... will repost results if anyone is interested to know.....
Old 12-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 453 / Power: 20
lesnar is a glorious beacon of lightlesnar is a glorious beacon of lightlesnar is a glorious beacon of lightlesnar is a glorious beacon of lightlesnar is a glorious beacon of light

FYI......HIV virus does not stay alive in the air for more than 2 seconds. That means the virus will die in two seconds after leaving body.

The DSC Clinic
Blk 31, #02-16 Kelantan Lane
Saturdays from 1 to 4 pm and Wednesdays from 6.30 to 8pm.
Contact number 62540212

My CIRCUMCISM Experience --> http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=26290
Old 12-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 84 / Power: 21
virginboy926 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

perhaps, a regular check up should be done every six mth.
Old 17-10-2004, 06:40 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 219 / Power: 20
makop is a Helpful and Caring Samstermakop is a Helpful and Caring Samstermakop is a Helpful and Caring Samster

For this anonymous HIV test, do they also provide for other STD screening coz very troublesome to do different test on separate days.
Old 17-10-2004, 09:24 PM
jerrylimkk

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: / Power: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makop
For this anonymous HIV test, do they also provide for other STD screening coz very troublesome to do different test on separate days.

For the test on wed and sat...they only do the HIV test..It is your health..surely it is worth the trouble..
Old 20-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 102 / Power: 21
candice878 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guycandice878 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

what kind of testing paper they are using?
is it FDA-approved? 3rd or 4th generation test assay?
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1